This paprika chicken sheet pan dinner cooks all up on the same pan with potatoes, bell peppers, zucchini and cherry tomatoes. Super easy and barely any dishes to clean!
It’s day two of ’30 Minute Dinner Week’, which I’m celebrating because a) my new 30 Minute Dinners Cookbook is officially for sale, and b) it’s back to school time soon (or maybe already for you), which means easy dinners are a must!!
I had so much fun coming up with the 20 brand new recipes for this cookbook (along with the 20 recipes which are already published on this blog). They are all super simple, and this paprika chicken sheet pan dinner stood out to me as being a ridiculously easy and ridiculously delicious example of the type of recipe you will find in the book.
So I thought I’d share it with you. And I even made a video to demonstrate just how easy it is to make!
When it comes to a simple chicken sheet pan dinner like this, I think I subconsciously lower my standards. I mean, it’s just SO simple. How can it taste good?
Two words: that rub. The rub for this recipe is an adaptation of the brown sugar chili rub used for these Pan Seared Lamb Chops and these Brown Sugar-Chili Roasted Chickpeas, but I got rid of the chili powder and it’s pure paprika/brown sugar deliciousness happening here. Well, plus salt and pepper and some cayenne for a little heat.
There is just something SO tasty about the paprika and brown sugar together…sweet and savory deliciousness. Then the cayenne gives it a little kick. Leave it out if you have kids or don’t want any spiciness, it’s still really delicious!
The rub does triple duty in this chicken sheet pan dinner: first it goes on the chicken. Then the potatoes get tossed in it. Then the veggies get tossed in it. It’s like a big brown sugar paprika party on that sheet-pan, and I’m not mad about it…not one bit.
Due to the different cook times of the veggies, you will have to pull the pan out and add them at different times, but overall it is a really REALLY simple dinner recipe, and you are going to be impressed at how tasty it is for the effort.
After cooking, the sheet pan is sprinkled with sea salt and oregano. Don’t skip the sea salt, it really enhances all of the flavors on this pan.
Want to see just how easy this paprika chicken sheet pan dinner is? Check out this video:
Here’s a quick preview of the other brand new recipes in the 30 Minute Dinner Cookbook:
- A big, beautiful photo for each recipe
- Simple, concise instructions with no weird ingredients
- Full nutritional information
- Meal prep tips to help you get a head start on the recipe
- Thai Curry Steak & Soba Noodle Salad
- Salmon Pattie Pitas with Lime Mayo
- Coconut Fish Tacos with Margarita Fruit Salsa
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts Chicken Caesar Wraps
- Lime Beef & Basil Stir Fry
- Shrimp Burrito Bowls with Creamy Chipotle Dressing
- Ratatouille Pasta Toss with Lentils & Herbed Goat Cheese
- Smoky Beef Enchilada Skillet
- One Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta
- Thai Green Curry Chickpea Noodle Soup
- Fish Taco Salad Bowls with Pickled Onions
- Meatball ‘Souvlaki’ with Avocado Feta Sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne (*omit for a non-spicy version)
- 2 large chicken breasts, whole
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 lb baby potatoes, quartered
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, whole
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- Coarse sea salt (to taste)
- Heat oven to 425°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, stir together the rub. Rub each chicken breast with 1 tablespoon of the rub, then place them on the baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, toss the baby potatoes with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add 2 tablespoons of reserved rub mixture and toss to coat.
- Arrange the potatoes on one side of each baking sheet.
- Bake the chicken and potatoes for 10 minutes.
- While chicken is baking, toss the bell peppers and zucchini with the other tablespoon of olive oil and additional 1 tablespoon of rub (or whatever is left).
- After 10 minutes, flip the chicken and arrange the bell peppers and zucchini on the empty side of the baking sheet. Return to the oven for 10 minutes
- Add the cherry tomatoes to the pan and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with fresh oregano and coarse sea salt and serve immediately.
Calories 387 // Fat 11 g // Saturated Fat 2 g // Cholesterol 70 mg // Sodium 370 mg // Carbohydrate 43 g // Fiber 8 g // Sugars 10 g // Protein 32 g