Broccoli rice teriyaki chicken meal prep is a lower-carb and grain-free option that is ready in under 30 minutes! Perfect for lunches on the go or easy dinners.
Disclaimer: this post was sponsored by Mann’s. Thank you for supporting the brands that I love!
One thing I'm loving about this day and age is all the cool ways we get to enjoy our vegetables!
When I was a kid, broccoli meant broccoli florets. Raw or steamed. And honestly? I wasn't a huge fan.
Fast forward to 2018 and we can enjoy our broccoli in so many cool ways! Broccoli tots...broccoli rice...broccoli slaw...you can even spiralize broccoli stems!
All these options mean new textures, and if you're like me, then texture plays a huge role in your like or dislike for a recipe.
Today, I'm excited to partner with Mann's to share their delicious Broccoli & Sweet Potato rice. Not only is it super convenient (no need to dig our your food processor to make your own veggie rice!), but it's got the BEST texture!
I used the veggie rice to make these meal prep bowls. Tons of veggies, super tasty and easy to prep!
Don't forget to pin this post to save it for later!
How to make these meal prep bowls
Teriyaki is the perfect blend of sweet and savory, and adds so much flavor to chicken. And what pairs perfectly with teriyaki chicken? Broccoli!
- We start by sauteeing the broccoli rice in some olive oil with salt and pepper. I used two bags to make six portions, so my pan was nice and full!
- Next, cook the chicken breast until it is cooked through.
- Sauce time! I shake up my homemade teriyaki sauce while the chicken is cooking, then pour it over top. Turn off the heat when it gets nice and bubbbly/thickened.
- Portion it out! One generous scoop of Broccoli & Sweet Potato Rice plus some chicken and a drizzle of sauce.
That's it! Altogether ready in under 30 minutes AND we don't need to dirty another pot to cook up rice. Hello EASY!!
How long are these meal prep bowls good for? They will be good stored in the fridge for up to 4 days. Re-heat until steaming hot and only re-heat one time. You can also freeze these for up to a month! I freeze right in my favorite meal prep containers. Thaw overnight in the fridge, then re-heat until steaming hot.
How else can I enjoy the Broccoli & Sweet Potato Rice? We also enjoyed a Greek version of this recipe with lemon zest & feta cheese sprinkled over everything (no teriyaki sauce). AND the veggie rice was also awesome baked up in my favorite Healthy Breakfast Egg Muffins. Just put it straight in uncooked for an extra dose of veggies!
Looking for more meal prep chicken recipes?
Broccoli Rice Teriyaki Chicken Meal Prep
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 14 oz (397 g) bags of Mann's Broccoli & Sweet Potato Rice
- salt & pepper
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce (reduced sodium)
- 3 tablespoons honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger finely chopped (or ¼ teaspoon powdered ginger)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- sesame seeds (optional)
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large non stick pan over medium heat.
- Add the Broccoli & Sweet Potato Rice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook, stirring occasionally for 5-7 minutes, until slightly softened (but still with some bite to it). Divide evenly between 6 two cup capacity storage containers.
- Add another 1 tablespoon olive oil to the pan. Add the chicken, sprinkle with more salt and pepper to taste.
- While chicken is cooking, shake together the teriyaki sauce ingredients.
- Cook chicken for 5-7 minutes, until cooked through and no pink remains in middle.
- Once chicken is cooked through, give the teriyaki sauce another shake up, then drizzle over the chicken. Simmer for 1-2 minutes, until bubbly and thickened.
- Remove pan from heat. Divide the chicken between the meal prep containers and drizzle with sauce from the pan.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired.
- Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- This recipe may also be frozen for up to 1 month.
- Heat in the microwave until steaming hot. Stir everything up in the sauce and enjoy!