This spiralized cucumber salad comes together in under 10 minutes! Cucumber noodles are tossed with feta and mint in a lemon vinaigrette. Low carb and gluten-free!
This recipe is SO simple, and super fast to whip up. I almost didn’t want to post it, it’s that simple! But I figured that if you are like me, you might occasionally leave things last minute, and need a fresh and simple side salad recipe for the picnic/barbecue/birthday party you’re attending. And you know what? Sometimes simple even tastes better.
For this salad, I broke out my spiralizer to make cucumber noodles….I hadn’t broken it out since I made this Asian Salad with Salmon, Ginger, and Lime Dressing! I actually found that it made the cucumber noodles too long, so you may wish to cut them up a little bit to get them a little shorter. Once the cucumber noodles are made, shake together a super simple vinaigrette: lemon for flavor, white wine vinegar for the tanginess, and honey for a touch of sweetness. Toss it all together with some fresh mint and crumbled feta cheese.
And voila! A fresh, crunchy salad that has the perfect blend of flavors! And no one will ever guess it only took you 10 minutes 😉
Reasons you’ll love this spiralized cucumber salad:
- it’s ready in just 10 minutes!
- it’s light, fresh and delicious
- it’s a unique and fun way to eat cucumber salad
- Cucumber– I used a long English cucumber, but use your favorite type. Look for perfectly straight cucumbers to make spiralizing easy. Use the ⅛ inch (thinnest) noodle blade on your spiralizer.
- Mint– fresh mint makes this salad so fresh and compliments the feta cheese
- Feta cheese– adds a salty and briny flavor to this salad
- White wine vinaigrette– we are using a variation on my favorite white wine vinaigrette but adding a touch of lemon to complement the feta and mint
Making Cucumber Noodles
Spiralizing a cucumber is very similar to spiralizing a zucchini, and I have step by step photos in how to cook zucchini noodles here.
I’d advise cutting long cucumbers in half or even in 3 slices. Make sure you cut them very straight. Spiralize the cucumber, then chop the pile up 2-3 times to prevent having excessively long cucumber noodles.
Since cucumbers have a high water content, it’s smart to lay the noodles on a towel and allow to sit for several minutes before proceeding with the rest of the salad.
This white wine vinaigrette is neutral and tangy and comes together in minutes. This dressing works well to coat the salad ingredients, enhancing their flavors.
To make the vinaigrette, shake the olive oil, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, honey, salt, and pepper in a mason jar or salad dressing shaker.
Putting it all together
This salad does not keep well and must be served fresh. Drizzle the cucumber noodles. mint and feta cheese with the vinaigrette, toss it all up and serve immediately!
- Make it a Greek Salad- add in tomatoes, bell peppers, olives and use this greek dressing
- Make it Asian-inspired- swap the vinaigrette for this Asian salad dressing, omit the feta, swap the mint for cilantro and add sesame seeds
- Add in watermelon cubes
- Swap the vinaigrette for healthy homemade ranch dressing
- Top with crispy roasted chickpeas
Meal Prep + Storage
As mentioned, this is not a make ahead-friendly salad, however, you can prep components ahead:
- Dressing– you can shake it up 2 weeks ahead and store it in the fridge
- Feta cheese– crumble ahead and store in an airtight container for up to 1 week
More salad recipes
- Taco Salad
- Orzo Pasta Salad with Mint + Feta
- 10 Minute Crunchy Rainbow Thai Salad
- Black Bean and Corn Salad
- Kale Caesar Salad with Garlic Chickpeas
10-minute Spiralized Cucumber Salad with Feta and Mint
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- salt and pepper
- 1 long english cucumber spiralized using the 1/8 inch (thinnest) noodle blade
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbled
- Shake together all vinaigrette ingredients (may take a few minutes to get the honey completely dissolved).
- Toss together all salad ingredients in the vinaigrette just before serving.