Hands down, the BEST pesto recipe ever: pistachio mint pesto! Whip up a batch in under 10 minutes!
Dinnertime has been so much fun at our house since Kai came along.
Sure, there’s a lot of drama…a lot of ‘no!’ and a lot of food being thrown on the floor. And a lot of us trying to coax him into eating just one bite, please, just try one tiny little bite?
But along with the drama, there is so much laughter! Funny faces, singing, funny sounds, and lots of toddler giggles (is there any better sound in the universe?) And once you hear those giggles, it is impossible not to laugh yourself.
It’s hard to believe that Ben and I used to eat our dinner in front of the TV. How boring is that?! Family dinner is one of my favorite times of the day now!
And lookie what I have for you today. See those pistachios up there? They made part of the most delicious family dinner we’ve had in a loooong time.
That there is some pistachio pesto…pistachio mint pesto to be exact. By some miracle, my mint is still growing like crazy, and I was able to use up a whole cup of it in this delicious pesto recipe!
And if you think regular basil pesto is amazing, you have to try this pistachio mint pesto. It is hands-down the most delicious (and addictive) pesto I’ve ever eaten!
The most challenging part of making the pesto is shelling the pistachios. But if you use my motto “one for the pesto, one for my mouth” then it doesn’t actually feel like that long 😉
Then you throw the pistachios in the food processor with some parmesan cheese, fresh lemon juice and mint, blend away, and you are done!
We enjoyed our pesto on some Moroccan-Spiced Meatloaf Cups. Stay tuned, because the recipe will be posted on Thursday!
Have yourselves a great day!
More pesto flavors!
- how about this Kale Pesto with Sunflower Seeds & Pepitas?
- or this Cilantro Chile Pesto, which is perfect on fish
- and you can’t miss out on this Avocado Pesto!
- 1 cup pistachios, shelled *see note
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 cup fresh mint, lightly packed
- 1 cup fresh parsley, lightly packed
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor.
- Blend until smooth. This may take several minutes of blending and scraping sides of food processor with a spatula.
- Pesto keeps for about a week in the fridge.
Products used in this post:
*this post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you make an Amazon purchase, I will receive a small commission.