≡ Menu

PEACH & RASPBERRY BELLINIS

Peach & Raspberry Bellinis | sweetpeasandsaffron.com

Oh yeah.

It’s Friday.  And I don’t know about you, but it has been a loooong week at our house.

I’ve been single-momming-it, and holy guacamole, I have so much respect for single moms.  And I have some questions, too.

Like: how do you eat a proper meal?  Because this week, there were several frozen enchiladas and frozen pizza dinners happening.  {As in absolute, last-minute, ‘what the heck am I going to have for dinner dilemmas}

Also: how in wooooorld do you keep your house clean?  You don’t want to see the state of my house right now.  It kind of looks like a tornado ripped through it.

Well, in the spirit of a well-deserved Friday happy hour, I made some bellinis!

Peach & Raspberry Bellinis | sweetpeasandsaffron.com

Peach & Raspberry Bellinis | sweetpeasandsaffron.com

So.  These bellinis.

Peaches, raspberries and prosecco.  You can’t go wrong with that combination, can you?  I think not.

First, you make a simple syrup.  I decided to get all crazy and throw the raspberries in there, then strain them off, since raspberry seeds can be a little annoying.  This simple syrup takes almost zero effort.  Sugar.  Water.  Raspberries.  Boil.  Cool.  Done.

The simple syrup is thrown into the blender with 3 cups of frozen peaches, and blended into a beautiful peachy-pink slush mixture.  I could barely stop myself from eating it straight from the blender.  But I did manage to stop myself because I knew what was next.

Prosecco!  I mean, what is more perfect for a sunny Friday afternoon than bubbly, sparkly prosecco?

Peach & Raspberry Bellinis | sweetpeasandsaffron.com

Peach & Raspberry Bellinis | sweetpeasandsaffron.com

You can add as much or as little of the peach-raspberry slush to the bottom of a glass, and top with prosecco.  I love how the prosecco bubbles up {can you tell?  I only took 8000 photos of it!)

And, the color.  I mean, I promise you, this is no Photoshop effect.  This is truly what it looked like in real life.  Glowing, peachy, bubbly.

And it tastes as good as it looks!  Sweet, peachy, tart and bubbly.

Probably my favorite cocktail recipe ever on this blog.

Peach & Raspberry Bellinis

Prep time
Total time

A beautiful, summery cocktail recipe that combines frozen peaches, raspberries and bubbly Prosecco.
Author:
Serves: 6
Ingredients
Simple syrup
  • ½ cup water
  • ½ cup sugar
  • 1 cup rasperries
Bellinis
  • 1 recipe of simple syrup
  • 3 cups frozen peaches
  • 1 bottle (750mL Prosecco)
Instructions
Simple Syrup
  1. Combine sugar & water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring until all sugar dissolves.
  2. Add the raspberries and simmer, covered, for 2-3 minutes, until raspberries disintegrate.
  3. Cool, and pour through a sieve to remove raspberry seeds.
Bellinis
  1. Combine simple syrup and frozen peaches in a blender, and puree. You may need to add additional water in order for the mixture to puree.
  2. Add ~ ¼ cup of slush mixture to the bottom of a glass. Top with Prosecco.
  3. You may wish to give it a good stir before drinking.

Roughly adapted from Rachel Ray

Related posts:

{ 15 comments… add one }

• Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice June 6, 2014, 3:36 pm

Definitely the perfect drink for Friday and a crazy week! :) I love bellinis and this one looks delicious! I love how the drink looks layered together. Beautiful!

• Denise June 7, 2014, 2:02 am

Thanks, Gayle! Summer + frozen cocktails + fridays = happiness!

• Katie June 6, 2014, 6:12 pm

Looks so good! I’ll be in need of one of those in about 3 hours! You’re lucky that your hubby helps keep the house clean. I feel like mine contributes to our ever spinning tornado! :-)

• Denise June 7, 2014, 2:03 am

I am lucky! He sometimes cleans more than me :S But he is also a huge contributor to the tornado, too. Thanks, Katie!

• Jessica @ Portuguese Girl Cooks June 7, 2014, 1:57 am

Girl, I feel you! It’s been a long week here with kiddos (husband included :) ) too! I could really go for one of these right now!

• Denise June 7, 2014, 2:04 am

I could go for 3 of them ;) I feel bad complaining about one kiddo when there are lots of you with more than one! You guys are superwomen! When is the next long week-end again?! They are way too few and far between!

• dina June 7, 2014, 6:20 pm

they look lovely!

• ATasteOfMadness June 8, 2014, 2:00 am

Haha! My house is a whole bunch of frozen pizza and mess as well. So don’t feel bad (well actually, now I don’t feel as bad :p)
    These look fantastic! I think bellini Fridays should be a thing

• Denise June 8, 2014, 4:51 am

Glad I can relate with you! I love cooking, but it just doesn’t happen when it’s just me and the little man. Just not possible :( And yes, let’s make bellini Fridays a thing!

• Natalie @ Tastes Lovely June 8, 2014, 6:00 pm

These photo’s are beautiful! I love bellinis. Such a fun way to fancy up champagne. Sounds like you definitely earned yourself 1 or 2 or even 3 of these after your crazy week :)

• Denise June 8, 2014, 10:15 pm

Thanks, Natalie! I may have drank my fair share ;)

• Krystle(Baking Beauty) June 8, 2014, 11:00 pm

These look so yummy and refreshing! Would be great for summer BBQs or even brunch ;)

• Averie @ Averie Cooks June 10, 2014, 7:53 pm

This is nuts but I just got done photography a raspberry drink that looks tons like this (different recipe) for an upcoming post and then just read your comment to me on my peach/raspberry post, clicked over, and bam! This drink! So gorgeous. Peaches and raspberries can do no wrong! Pinned

• Denise June 10, 2014, 9:07 pm

Peaches and raspberries are a match made in heaven! Can’t wait to see your drink :)