This raspberry herb smash is ready in just five minutes and can be made into a cocktail or a mocktail. Use your favorite garden herbs!
It's Friday! I made it through the week..hallelujah!
Today, I am officially 32 weeks pregnant.
That means the little man could be here...almost any day now. But we want you to keep cooking in there little guy, OK?
This week I realized that I have a completely skewed vision of exactly how big I am. Like the other day, I thought I could fit between the car mirror and the garage wall, but ended having to contort myself into a crazy position to get by!
It's a weird realization that you are kind of approaching 'whale status'.
Reasons you'll ♡ this raspberry herb smash
- you can make it as a mocktail or a cocktail
- it's simple to make and ready in just 5 minutes
- use almost any fresh herb from your garden
Well, my eyes may not have realized that I am approaching 'whale status', but the rest of me has certainly caught wind of this.
As in I am exhausted.
But, like I said, I made it through this week!
It's time to put my feet up. If I can maneuver myself into such a position.
But first, it's time to whip up this super delicious, but best of all, super easy cocktail (mocktail for me).
I had some fun last week-end.
I actually made up four different versions of this cocktail, and had a taste-testing party with Ben to see which herb pairs most smashingly with raspberries. (Did you catch that terrible pun? I couldn't help myself).
Here is our panel of contestants:
These were four herbs growing in my garden that seemed like they might pair with raspberries.
After tasting all of these guys, the verdict is in...my favorite was....SAGE!
I was actually surprised at how much I liked this combination. The sage really brightened up the drink.
Lemon balm...I couldn't really taste
Basil...was a nice twist on the raspberry flavor
Mint...this was Ben's favorite. Mint is good in any cocktail.
So there you have it.
Now, go make it!
Tips & equipment for raspberry herb smash cocktail
- I used the pestle from my mortar and pestle set to smash my cocktail. Here’s a great looking set on Amazon!
- swap the sugar for honey or maple syrup
- looking for more summery cocktails? Check out this Virgin Watermelon Sangria, Raspberry Rosewater Gin Rickey or Lemony Tarragon Spritzers
Did you make this? Tag me on social @sweetpeasandsaffron and be sure to leave a comment and rate the recipe!
Raspberry Smash Cocktail
- 6 raspberries
- 3-4 leaves of your favorite fresh herb- torn mint, basil, lemon balm and sage recommended
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- ½ lime juiced
- soda water
- 1 shot vodka optional
- Combine raspberries, herb and sugar in the bottom of a glass. Muddle until raspberries are completely broken up and mushy. Add juice of half a lime and ice. Top with soda water.
© Sweet Peas & Saffron - Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Leave a Comment