These salted dark chocolate cookie butter cups are the easiest holiday treat you'll find, and make a great homemade gift!
These Salted Dark Chocolate Cookie Butter Cups are a real treat! They have become one of our favorite chocolate treat along with this Chocolate Dessert Hummus and Chocolate Chia Pudding. These cups make the perfect afternoon snack or holiday party favor.
Reasons you'll ♡ these Salted Dark Chocolate Cookie Butter Cups
- they are SO easy & delicious!
- they don't an oven
- can be made ahead of time
- Chocolate I recommend a good quality baking chocolate, and using a combo of dark and semi sweet. *Chocolate chips work in a pinch
- Coconut Oil- can be swapped with shorening
- Cookie Butter- can be swapped with nut butter (but you may want to add some sugar to sweeten)
- Coarse Sea Salt pictured but flaky sea salt is amazing
Don't forget to pin this recipe to save it for later!
Salted Dark Chocolate Cookie Butter Cups FAQ
Should these be stored at RT or in the fridge?
They are fine at room temp for a few days but store in the fridge if you are in warm climates or for longer-term storage.
How to avoid chocolate seizing:
Melt in a double broiler, melt in 30-second increments in the microwave, stiring between each time. Go slow. Trying to rush may give you troubles
I don't like dark chocolate, how can I make these sweeter?
Use semi-sweet or milk chocolate in place of dark chocolate
More delicious dessert recipes!
- Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Energy Bites
- Chocolate Tahini Oat Bars
- Snickerdoodle Almond Butter Granola Bars
- Chocolate Almond Quinoa Snack Bars
- No-Bake Snack Bars
Salted Dark Chocolate Cookie Butter Cups
- 4 oz dark chocolate coarsely chopped
- 4 oz semi sweet chocolate coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or shortening
- ¼ cup Penotti Cookie Notti Cookie Butter
- Sea salt to sprinkle
- Combine the dark chocolate, semi sweet chocolate and coconut oil in a small pan and heat over low heat, stirring frequently until melted and smooth.
- Line a mini muffin tray with liners.
- Spoon roughly 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate into the bottom of each liner, tilting the pan to completely coat the bottoms.
- Freeze for 5 minutes.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of Cookie Notti on top of the hardened chocolate. You can heat the Cookie Notti in the microwave for 5-10 seconds and stir to soften slightly first.
- Spoon additional melted chocolate over the Cookie Notti and tilt the pan to cover completely.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours until completely hardened