This deceptively healthy quinoa cauliflower chowder is packed full of veggies, but is still extremely hearty!
Creamy, cheesy, cauliflower soup might be some of my favorite soups of all time! This quinoa cauliflower chowder is a spin on one of my childhood favorites and another favorite in our house is this Creamy Roasted Cauliflower Soup.
Looking at this quinoa and cauliflower chowder soup recipe, you'd think that it was loaded with cream, but actually there is just one cup of 1% milk! I've also added ½ cup parmesan cheese, which goes so nicely with the cauliflower, garlic, thyme flavors. I'm such a sucker for those flavors.
Adding the quinoa really bulks up this chowder and gives in a good boost of protein. It also gives the soup more body, and leaves you feeling full for longer. I hate it when I get hungry an hour after eating but that is NOT going to happen with this soup!
Reasons you’ll ♡ this quinoa cauliflower chowder
- they are packed with protein which makes them super filling
- they are gluten-free
- they are a healthy meal prep breakfast option!
Soup is one of my favorite things to use in meal prep as it stores great! Here's how to get the most of this healthy quinoa cauliflower chowder in your meal prep: see my shop for my favorite containers and freezer equipment!
Meal prep tips
Soup is one of my favorite things to use in meal prep as it stores great! Here's how to get the most of this healthy quinoa cauliflower chowder in your meal prep:
see my shop for my favorite containers and freezer equipment!
Quinoa Cauliflower Chowder Soup Recipe FAQs
Can I make this in the Instant Pot?
Maybe! I haven't tried it yet. I would do 5 minutes on high pressure with 10 minute natural pressure release.
What can I use in place of white wine?
You could use sherry, or leave it out.
Do I need a stand blender for this recipe?
You could use an immersion blender if you don't have a standing blender.
More delicious soup recipes:
- Hearty Lentil Soup
- Healthy Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Butternut Squash Soup
- Thai Coconut Curry Soup
- Creamy Thai Curry Sweet Potato Soup
Healthy Quinoa Cauliflower Chowder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ cup white wine
- 2 stalks of celery sliced
- 1 carrot sliced
- 4 cups cauliflower
- 4 cups stock
- ¾ cup quinoa
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a medium-sized pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, or until onion is cooked through.
- Add the garlic and cook for one minute. Add the wine to the pan and cook for one more minute.
- Add the celery, carrot, cauliflower, stock, quinoa, thyme, bay leaves and salt.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or until cauliflower and quinoa are cooked through.
- Once cauliflower is cooked through, remove the thyme and bay leaves. Transfer 2 cups of the soup to a large blender. Add one cup of milk and blend until creamy.
- Add back to the pot and stir in ½ cup parmesan cheese.
- Serve with extra parmesan.