Chicken and fall vegetables are all roasted up together in the same pan, then topped with an easy and delicious Miso-Honey Butter. Simple and easy comfort food!
Thank-you, World Kitchen for sponsoring this post! Scroll to the bottom of the post for a chance to win a CorningWare Vermillion 2.5 Qt Baker! And as always, all opinions remain my own.
Holy guacamole, are we really heading into Canadian Thanksgiving week-end?
I am a huge fan of Thanksgiving, and I have managed to cook a turkey almost every year for the last 8 or so years. The turkey can be as easy or as difficult as you make it, and recently I got right into using a brine, which requires an extra couple of days to brine, then dry the turkey, but trust me: worth it. SO much flavor, and SO moist!
I find it’s not actually the turkey that’s so much effort, it’s everything else. The stuffing, the cranberry sauce, the pumpkin pie, the potatoes, and whatever else it is that you are serving with your turkey. I run out of pots quickly, my fridge looks like a game of tetris, and there is not a square inch of counter space left. But I do love it.
This year, we get a free pass from Thanksgiving (to be honest I probably wouldn’t have been able to handle it this year with all the craziness happening). We are heading to Victoria for my brother’s wedding! But I can’t leave you without sharing this easy, delicious, pre-Thanksgiving recipe!
Since it is Canadian Thanksgiving and all, you are probably going to need some really easy recipes up your sleeve for the rest of the week-end. And you are most definitely not going to want to wash any extra dishes, right?
Well, this recipe is an absolutely perfect pre-Thanksgiving dinner, because it fulfills both of those requirements. (But really, this is a great all-purpose fall dinner!)
I am so excited to partner with CorningWare for this post. They sent over this absolutely gorgeous four-piece bakeware set and I couldn’t wait to get cooking with it!
Besides the fact that CorningWare is a dependable, durable brand (I’ve owned some of my CorningWare dishes for over 10 years!), these dishes make for such a pretty presentation. You can easily take them straight from the oven to the dinner table without the need for a serving dish.
For this recipe, I used the largest CorningWare dish (3 qt baking dish), and it easily fit enough chicken and vegetables to feed four people. This recipe seriously couldn’t be easier: Toss up some butternut squash, Brussels sprouts, potatoes and carrots with some olive oil and salt and pepper. Arrange them in the pan with some bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs.
Roast away for 45-55 minutes, and in the mean-time, whip up the miso-honey butter. So easy.
To serve, add the butter to taste. I was going to roast everything up in the miso-honey butter, but this way you can control how much of the butter you get on your portion.
And the best part: only one pan to wash up! Save your strength! You are going to need it for Thanksgiving dinner 😉
More one pan dinners for us!
- this Paprika Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner is a winner
- and this Jamaican Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner brings a taste of the tropics
- or mix it up with this Mediterranean Salmon Sheet Pan Dinner
One Pan Roasted Chicken and Vegetables with Miso-Honey Butter
An easy one-pan meal that takes only 15 minutes to prepare. Roasted chicken and vegetables are topped with a salty sweet honey-miso butter.
Roasted Chicken and Fall Vegetables
- 16 Brussels sprouts, rinsed, outer leaves discarded, and chopped in half
- 4 large carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 1lb baby red potatoes, scrubbed and halved
- 1/2 a butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed, and sliced into 3 inch long pieces
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons white Miso paste
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- pepper to taste
Roasted Chicken and Fall Vegetables
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, toss together all vegetables with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Arrange in a large baking dish.
- Brush tops of chicken thighs with oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Arrange chicken thighs over vegetables in baking dish.
- Roast for 45-55 minutes, until chicken is golden and potatoes are cooked through.
- While chicken and vegetables are roasting, prepare the honey-miso butter.
- Melt the butter in a microwave-safe dish, then stir in the miso, honey, sesame oil and pepper. Set aside until chicken and vegetables are ready.
Calories 439 // Fat 23 g // Saturated Fat 9 g // Cholesterol 99 mg // Sodium 483 mg // Carbohydrate 43 g // Fiber 6 g // Sugars 15 g // Protein 18 g