This peach corn salad is packed with crispy prosciutto, smoked gouda and arugula, and is tossed in a white wine vinaigrette. The ultimate summer salad!
This incredibly delicious peach corn salad is my new favorite summer salad! It is packed full of all my favorite healthy ingredients that keep me full all afternoon long. If you are looking for more salad inspiration this Black Bean and Corn Salad or this Summer Couscous Salad are some of our other favorites!
This peach corn salad is the absolute most summery salad I can think of! It is packed with two of my favorite summer ingredients: fresh corn and peaches. This salad is the perfect side to serve with some grilled chicken, BBQ, or (our favorite way) with a nice piece of bread.
This corn and peach salad is packed with fiber, vitamin C, antioxidants and it has the most dreamy textures blended together in one bowl! The creamy chunks of smoked gouda, crispy prosciutto, and soft peaches all contrast each other in the best ways!
Reasons you'll ♡ this corn and peach salad
- it is loaded with fresh summer produce
- it's the perfect blend of sweet + savory
- great for a backyard BBQ!
Use fresh corn for the best flavor
This recipe is best when you use fresh produce, especially in the case of corn. While you could replace the four ears of corn with 2 cans of corn kernels, the flavor just won't be there.
You can cook the corn in your favorite way; I like to either boil the corn for 10 minutes on the stovetop or cook Instant Pot corn on the cob (it's cooked through before your water can even come to a boil!). You could also grill the corn to get some smoky char flavor in there.
Prosciutto adds flavor and texture contrast
Although it may sound like an unusual flavor combination, peaches and prosciutto go together amazingly well! The flavor contrast between salty prosciutto and sweet peaches is absolutely perfect in this salad, and we add texture contrast to the salad by frying the prosciutto until it is crispy.
If you can't find prosciutto, bacon would be a great substitute!
Use a neutral vinaigrette
We are using my favorite white wine vinaigrette in this recipe, as it is neutral and helps enhance the flavors of the salad ingredients. This vinaigrette is tangy, ever so slightly sweet, and is thin so it gets great coverage of the salad.
Recipe tips + variations
- Greens- while we are using arugula, you can use any greens for this salad. If you choose to use kale, make sure you give it a massage for 5 minutes to soften and reduce bitterness.
- Cheese- smoked gouda adds delicious flavor contrast to the salad, but feel free to swap for your favorite cheese. Burrata, bocconcini, or mozzarella go well with peaches.
- Herbs- while not included in this salad, if you have fresh herbs on hand, go ahead and add them in! Basil leaves, chervil, parsley, or mint would all go well in this salad.
- Meal prep- this salad does not keep well for meal prep. I do not recommend prepping it ahead of time.
- Make it a meal- top with my perfect grilled chicken breast for a light, summery meal
- portion size- this recipe makes 4 meal-sized or 8 side salad-sized portions
More salad recipes
- Cobb Salad
- Our Staple Kale Salad
- Kale Caesar Salad with Garlic Chickpeas
- Orzo Pasta Salad with Mint + Feta
- Caprese Chicken Quinoa Salad
Peach Corn Salad with Crispy Prosciutto
- 4 ears corn
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 slices prosciutto cut into 1-inch squares
- 8 cups arugula packed
- 4 peaches ripe; sliced
- ½ cup smoked gouda cut into cubes
White Wine Vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon dijon
- Cook corn in a pot of boiling water for 10 minutes, until cooked through. Remove from water and allow to cool for several minutes before slicing the kernels from the cob.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the olive oil, then the prosciutto squares, scattering them as best you can.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until prosciutto is crispy. Remove from pan and place on a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Shake together the vinaigrette and toss the salad.
- Divide between 4 large bowl plates and serve immediately.
Sadly, this salad doesn't keep very well, so it's best to serve immediately, or to dress immediately before serving.