A 7-ingredient slow cooker honey garlic beef recipe that cooks for 8-10 hours! This pulled beef is very versatile and can be used on sandwiches, in tacos, or in rice bowls!
I’ve created a new Facebook group to help us keep in touch! If you are interested in seeing new Sweet Peas & Saffron posts, behind-the-scenes photos, and updates, join here!
I’m back at it again with the 3-in-1 slow cooker recipes. Why did that sentence just sound like “Damn Daniel”? <–Google it if you don’t know what I’m talking about. If you’re like me, you WON’T get it, and it will make you worried for the future of that generation.
OK all jokes aside, I have been TRYING to share this recipe with you FOREVER! Seriously, I have had this 3-in-1 slow cooker recipe series ready for at least 3 weeks now (which never happens in Denise-world).
And I am so happy to finally share it with you!
Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Beef. Which is totally NOT like the honey garlic sauce that you can buy at the store. I actually looked at the ingredients list in the store-bought sauce and tried to recreate it, but it was overly complicated for little flavor and that’s not how I roll when it comes to the slow cooker.
So simple and easy is how it went. Also, not too saucy. Because I just can’t deal with overly-saucy pulled pork and the same applies to beef!
But moist? Yes. And flavorful? YES. And only 7 ingredients? Now that’s how I roll.
Now I guess this isn’t what I’d call a really pretty plate of meat. Is pulled meat ever pretty?! But it sure is tasty. It has a nice sweet and savory thing going on, with subtle garlic flavors.
This recipe makes a good 5-6 cups of pulled beef, and in my little bitty family of three, that’s a LOT of left-overs. So yay! I have some delicious ways to use up the Honey Garlic Beef leftovers, which will be published throughout the week.
Let’s check them out:
- 1 kg/2 lbs boneless beef roast
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (I use reduced sodium)
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- Cut the beef in half lengthwise and trim as much fat off as possible. Place the two slices side-by-side in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Whisk together all remaining ingredients and pour over the beef. Make sure it gets right underneath.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove beef from slow cooker and place in a large bowl. Gently pull apart using two forks.
- Add back cooking liquid (I added about ⅔ of the cooking liquid back), and toss to coat.
This recipe produces 5-6 cups of pulled beef, which works out to 10-12 servings (1/2 cup size).
Beef keeps in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days, and freezes well.