Prep this meal prep stir fry with two difference sauces (honey sriracha and lemon sesame) to get completely different flavors in your lunch! Prep them both in under 45 minutes.
2-for-1 meal prep recipes! Are you liking this?
Over the years, I've amassed lots of four portion meal prep lunch recipes. THIRTY FIVE to be exact (and they're all in this handy eCookbook).
Prepping in bulk is the BEST way to maximize your output for the time you spend in the kitchen, however, it can get a teensy bit boring. So this fall I've been brainstorming ways that we can still spend under an hour in the kitchen, but produce two completely different lunches for the week, giving us a little variety.
Check out this 2-for-1 Meal Prep: Chickpea Buddha Bowls and Greek Chicken Wraps, and this 2-for-1 Meal Prep: Balsamic Pasta Jar Salads, and Sweet Potato Broccoli Bowls for more easy 2 for 1 meal preps!
Today, we're going stir fry with our meal prep, and we're jazzing it up with two different delicious sauces: honey sriracha and lemon sesame!
Do these sauces sound familiar? That's because they were part of this 7 Easy Stir Fry Sauces You Can Prep Ahead post from last fall.
All I've done today is take the honey sriracha and lemon sesame stir fry sauces from this post and prepare an (almost) half batch. I did try a half batch but during cooking they over-reduce a touch and you don't end up with a lot of the sauce, so instead I increased the quantities ever so slightly.
For this 2-for-1 meal prep stir fry, you cook your rice, your veggies and your chicken for both recipes at the same time. #multitasking.
Next, you remove half of your chicken from the pan and add sauce #1. Cook to thicken, add your veggies, toss it all up and portion out into two meal prep containers.
Clean the pan (or not), add the remaining chicken to the pan with sauce #2. Cook to thicken, add your veggies, toss it all up and portion into two other meal prep containers.
I mean, come on! If that isn't the easiest way to add some variety to your meal prep, I don't know what is 😉
Tips for your perfect meal prep stir fry 2 for 1:
- Use a rice cooker for a super hands off way to prep your rice while you work on your meal prep stir fry.
- Swap out the broccoli and asparagus for your favorite veggies! You could use bell peppers, carrots, snap peas, cauliflower, mushrooms, or any veggie that will hold up a few days in the fridge.
- Shortcut: use pre-cut veggies!
- Find more sauces to choose from in this post with 7 Easy Stir Fry Sauces You Can Prep Ahead, just make sure to reduce the portions
Meal Prep Stir Fry 2-in-1
- ¾ cup uncooked rice of choice I used basmati
Honey Sriracha Stir Fry Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 ½ tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1-3 teaspoons sriracha
- ½ tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch
Lemon Sesame Stir Fry Sauce:
- ⅓ cup chicken stock
- Juice of ½ lemon 2 tablespoons
- ½ tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil divided
- 4-5 cups mixed veggies cut into bite-sized pieces (can use broccoli, snap peas, carrots, onion, bell peppers, zucchini)
- 14 oz chicken breast cut into 1-1.5 inch cubes (roughly 2 large chicken breasts)
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds to garnish
- Cook rice according to package directions, and divide evenly between four 2-cup capacity storage containers.
- Shake together both stir fry sauce recipes separately and set aside.
- Heat a large pan or wok over medium heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil, then the veggies. Cook, stirring frequently, until cooked to your liking (don't overcook, as when you are re-heating them they will soften a bit more).
- Remove vegetables from pan and add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Add the chicken, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 or so minutes, until cooked through.
- Remove half the chicken from the pan and store in a clean bowl.
- Add the honey sriracha stir fry sauce, heating until bubbling and thickened. Stir in half of the veggies and toss to coat.
- Divide between two 2-cup storage containers, spooning over the rice. Drizzle with any remaining stir fry sauce.
- Clean the pan if desired. Add the reserved chicken to the pan, along with the lemon sesame stir fry sauce. Heat and reduce until sauce is bubbling and thickened.
- Add the remaining vegetables and toss to coat.
- Divide between two 2-cup storage containers, spooning over the rice. Drizzle with any remaining stir fry sauce. Sprinkle lemon sesame stir fry bowls with sesame seeds.