This easy parmesan crusted chicken and kale caesar salad makes for a fast, easy and super-flavorful weeknight dinner that is ready in under 30 minutes!
Well, it’s September. And suddenly the breeze is a little cooler, the leaves are yellowing, and it’s fall. I know fall isn’t officially until September 21, but in Canada, fall comes early. Last year it snowed in September!
September comes with tummy knots. Because that means I’m one month closer to my thesis defense and I need to get a move on with this whole writing thing. I always get nervous when it comes to school, and it always works out totally fine. I’m just a nervous worrier, I can’t help it! I’m pretty sure these tummy knots are just here to stay until December 14 when I defend.
Stomach knots aside, I’m sure that we are all very busy these days and are in need of nutritious, fast dinner recipes. So here you go: easy parmesan crusted chicken and kale caesar salad! Easy, healthy, ready in under 30 minutes. And it’s pretty darn delicious, too!
Actually, if you are looking for 30 minute dinner recipes, you are in luck, in a MAJOR way!
I have teamed up with my blogging buddies to put on a 30-Minute-Thursday series. On the first Thursday of every month, we will all be posting a 30 minute recipe. Scroll to the bottom of the post to check out everyone’s recipes! It is a very delicious start to this series, that’s for sure.
I went with a kale caesar salad for my recipe, and strangely enough, this is my very first kale caesar ever. I’m not sure why I waited for so long because it was totally delicious! I couldn’t even tell it was kale, there was no bitterness at all coming through the caesar dressing. Such a great way to sneak some healthy kale into your diet 😉
For some reason the dressing is not very apparent in these photos, but it was definitely there. Now don’t hate me, but I used store-bought caesar dressing, because I don’t know about you, but I am not lugging out my blender to make home-made caesar salad dressing on a busy week-night. It just ain’t happening.
In addition to the caesar salad, I made some SUPER easy parmesan crusted chicken strips. These guys were delicious…even Kai liked them! I dredged them in flour, then egg, then a panko-lemon zest-parmesan cheese mixture with some salt and pepper. I was able to get all of my chicken prepped and ready before my oven had even heated (#win).
These easy parmesan chicken strips bake up for 12-15 minutes, and during that time you can easily prep the salad.
Don’t forget to serve with some nice bread, or maybe some garlic toast! I love this light, fresh, easy kind of dinner.
Check out these amazing 30-minute dinner recipes:
…And here’s my recipe…
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into 5-6 pieces each
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup panko (seasoned bread crumbs)
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- zest from 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4-6 cups kale leaves
- ½ cup croutons
- Caesar salad dressing to taste
- Parmesan cheese
- French bread
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the flour in a shallow bowl, the eggs in a separate shallow bowl. In a third bowl, stir together the panko, Parmesan, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Slice the chicken into 5-6 strips each (you can cut the longer ones in half).
- Working in batches of 3 or so strips at a time, dredge first in flour, shaking excess off, then egg, and finally roll in the Parmesan/panko mixture to coat.
- Place on the baking sheet and repeat until all chicken strips are coated.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until chicken is cooked through (it won't be very golden, so the best bet is to cut one open).
- While the chicken is cooking, tear the kale into bite-sized pieces, wash and spin dry. Toss with dressing to coat and croutons.
- Serve with fresh Parmesan and french bread.
Calories 291 // Fat 9 g // Saturated Fat 3 g // Cholesterol 170 mg // Sodium 577 mg // Carbohydrate 15 g // Fiber 1 g // Sugars 0 g // Protein 35 g
Products used in this post:
*This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you make an Amazon purchase, I will receive a small commission.