Orange Power Pasta with Cauliflower Alfredo
Your recipe description appears on this line.
For the roasted veggies
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 potato
- 1 golden beet
- orange bell pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Slice spaghetti squash in half and scrape out seeds. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and place face down on a lined baking sheet.
- Roast for 30 minutes or until fork tender.
- Thinly slice carrots, chop sweet potato, beet, and bell pepper into 1/2 inch cubes. Toss with paprika and olive oil.
- Lay the vegetables in a single layer on a parchment lined sheet tray. Bake for 25 minutes or until tender.
- While the vegetables are baking, roughly chop two cups of cauliflower and steam or boil until fork tender.
- Place steamed cauliflower and almond milk in a high-speed blender until creamy.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt the butter and olive oil. Stir in salt and pepper. Slowly, about 1/3 at a time, stir in the cauliflower mixture. Add in two teaspoons of arrowroot flour/starch and stir continually for about 5 minutes, until sauce is thickened.
- Combine spaghetti squash, cauliflower Alfredo, and roasted veggies together in a large bowl. Serve immediately.
- Recipe is slightly modified and printed with permission from the Superfood Weeknight Meals Cookbook.*
- Substitute the butter for ghee or extra virgin olive oil to make this recipe vegan and Whole30 approved.