Rosemary roasted root vegetables is a beautiful, hands-off side dish that is perfect for a weeknight dinner, or for your Christmas, Easter or Thanksgiving table. Vegan, gluten-free and paleo!
Does anyone else get more excited about the holiday side dishes than the main entree? Recipes like this rosemary roasted root vegetables are the reason I do!
With roasted carrots, parsnips, beets, potatoes and sweet potatoes, it’s pure delicious comfort food…and it’s healthy, too!
We enjoyed these roasted veggies for weeknight dinners several nights, but it would be absolutely perfect for a holiday side dish (especially if you cook your main course in the slow cooker, like I did with this Crock Pot Ham!)
Don’t forget to pin this post to save it for later!
Reasons you’ll love rosemary roasted root vegetables
- they are vegan, paleo and gluten-free
- they are so pretty to look at
- they are reeeeeally simple to prep!
How to make them
Are you ready for how simple this is? The bulk of the work involved with this recipe is going to be in chopping your veggies, and even that is not too bad!
- Peel & chop your carrots, parsnips and beets. Chop your potatoes and sweet potatoes (don’t worry about peeling!)
- Toss in olive oil with rosemary, flaky sea salt and sliced garlic.
- Spread out on a sheet pan.
Roast away! I gave my vegetables recipe a stir up halfway through.
Can this recipe be made the day before?
This recipe is definitely best served fresh, however you can roast them the day before, then rewarm in a covered pan at 350°F for 20-30 minutes, or until warmed through.
Can I swap out the rosemary?
Sure! I bet one of these seven spice rubs would go great on these roasted veggies. Add 1-2 tablespoons.
Can I swap out one of the root vegetables?
Sure, you can leave out any of these vegetables. When swapping, make sure you pick a vegetable with a long roasting time. Butternut squash might be a good pick!
Serve it with
- Dry Brined Turkey with Garlic Sage Butter or Crock Pot Ham with Spiced Honey
- this Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Pomegranates
- this Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Wild Rice Pilaf or Cranberry Almond Rice Pilaf
- this Roasted Butternut Squash
- our Staple Kale Salad or this Autumn Apple Farro Salad (just leave out the cheese for vegan)
- I recently invested in a good quality sheet pan (these ones!) and wished I had sooner!
- I highly recommend a good quality flaky sea salt
- don’t overcrowd the pan…if you do, you can cook for 10 minutes longer or until everything gets nice and golden.
- Looking for more oven roasted vegetable recipes? Try this Cinnamon Roasted Butternut Squash, this Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower or these Make Ahead Honey Roasted Carrots!
Rosemary Roasted Root Vegetables
- 2 carrots (peeled and chopped into 1 inch pieces)
- 4 parsnips (peeled & chopped into 1 inch pieces)
- 12 baby potatoes (halved)
- 1 large sweet potato (cut into 2 inch pieces)
- 2 beets (peeled & chopped into 1 inch pieces)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons flaky sea salt
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (sliced)
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Toss vegetables with olive oil, flaky sea salt, rosemary and garlic, then arrange on 1-2 large sheet pans.
- Bake for 30 minutes, give everything a good stir and return to the oven for another 15-25 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Taste and add more salt if necessary. Enjoy!