Posted by https://sweetpeasandsaffron.com/chicken-fajita-lunch-bowls/
© 2016 Sweet Peas and Saffron. All rights reserved.
(Make Ahead) Chicken Fajita Lunch Bowls
Make these lunch bowls ahead of time and have your work lunches ready for the week!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 3/4 cup basmati rice (uncooked)
- 2 bell peppers, sliced into strips
- 2 tablespoons red onion, diced
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
- Place the chicken breasts in a small baking dish, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and drizzle with olive oil. Turn to coat.
- Bake for 10 minutes, turn the chicken, then bake for another 10-15 minutes (depends on the size of your chicken breasts), until cooked through.
- Allow to rest for 10 more minutes before slicing.
- Cook the rice according to package directions. Allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, bell peppers, red onion and corn.
- Shake together the vinaigrette and add to the bowl. Toss to coat everything completely.
- Divide amongst 4 lunch containers, topping with the chicken.
- Refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
Calories 479 // Fat 19 g // Saturated Fat 2 g // Cholesterol 0 mg // Sodium 180 mg // Carbohydrate 41 g // Fiber 2 g // Sugars 5 g // Protein 30 g
Dressing updated 09/16
Loading nutrition data...