These spiralized veggie Thai noodle bowls are tossed in a creamy peanut sauce and loaded up with tons of veggies!
Oodles of zoodles coming your way, along with crunchy cabbage and creamy dreamy peanut sauce.
Apparently some people think zucchini noodles are the food trend that needs to die off in 2017, but I personally just can't get enough of them!
Maybe this is because I don't ever consider zoodles to be a pasta replacement. I know my body would know the difference between a zucchini noodle and real pasta in about 2.5 seconds.
I like to supplement my zoodles with some pasta, and in these spiralized veggie Thai noodle bowls recipe I used whole wheat spaghetti. So we're getting a ton of veggies, some real deal pasta, a creamy peanut sauce and some shrimp...a totally well balanced healthy meal that is on your plate in 30 minutes!
Ever since December 26, my body has been craving veggies in a huge way! We've been eating a ton of stir fries, big salads, and the spiralizer has been out to play, too.
So. These spiralized veggie Thai noodle bowls kind of have an identity crisis...you can eat them hot, as a 'stir fry' kind of meal, or you can enjoy them cold, as more of a 'salad'. Is it weird that I actually prefer them cold?
The peanut sauce is the same one I used in my Shrimp Peanut Soba Noodles recipe in my 30 Minute Dinners eBook...it is so simple: peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, lime juice and brown sugar. Ready in 5 minutes, and you can even make it ahead and freeze it!
Actually, you can also prep the veggies ahead, too, and store them in the fridge for 3-4 days. Then when it comes to dinner, you have saved yourself 10 minutes of prep time. Woo hoo!
I used shrimp in this recipe because shrimp + peanut sauce is heaven in my book, but by all means, add your favorite protein! Tofu would probably be great, or chicken.
Alright friends! It's 30 Minute Thursday, meaning that in addition to these spiralized veggie Thai noodle bowls, there are a whole lotta delicious 30 minute meals coming your way. Check them out!
Did you make this? Tag me on social @sweetpeasandsaffron and be sure to leave a comment and rate the recipe!
Spiralized Veggie Thai Noodle Bowls
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup soy sauce I use [url]reduced sodium∞https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0051ONSPE/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B0051ONSPE&linkCode=as2&tag=swpesa-20&linkId=846ebcce0a23e091927f8ff38bad4589[/url]
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar or honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 6 oz whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 lb raw shrimp thawed and tails removed
- 1 medium zucchini spiralized
- 2 carrots shredded or spiralized
- 1.5 cups cabbage chopped
- Green onion
- crushed peanuts
- Shake together all peanut sauce ingredients and set aside (it helps to heat the peanut butter in ten second increments in the microwave first).
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, cook the shrimp: heat olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add the shrimp and season with salt & pepper. Cook 3-5 minutes, turning halfway, until pink and cooked through.
- When pasta is cooked through, drain thoroughly. Combine with the vegetables and toss in the peanut sauce.
- Top with cooked shrimp, green onions and crushed peanuts.
© Sweet Peas & Saffron - Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Leave a Comment