A simple and easy cashew chicken stir fry packed with veggies, sprinkled with cashews, and tossed in a maple-soy stir fry sauce.
Does your typical week of dinners sound anything like mine?
Monday- ambitious. Cook up something adventurous that takes too long and makes too many dishes.
Tuesday- just finished Monday’s dishes. Manage to throw together an acceptable form of dinner.
Wednesday- Cooking? Ugh. Leftovers it is.
Thursday- !!do I have anything in the freezer? Can I open a can and chop a few things and call that dinner?!!
Friday- don’t even ask what’s for dinner. We’re clearly ordering pizza.
Looking for more stir fry recipes? Check out this epic post with SEVEN Stir Fry Sauces You Can Prep Ahead
Today’s cashew chicken stir fry recipe is inspired by Thursday. That !! moment of ‘what the !! is for dinner?!’ Let’s try to avoid that this week, shall we?
Crazy enough, I don’t have a stir fry recipe on the blog, despite it being a total staple in our house. So I decided to make a super speedy cashew chicken stir fry for us.
Tips to make this extra speedy: well…I used bagged stir-fry veggies. They are pre-washed and just ready to go. So that saves some time.
Also, get your chicken cooking, and while it’s cooking, prep the rest of your veggies. Then while the veggies are cooking, throw together the (ridiculously simple) maple ginger stir fry sauce.
I guarantee you this will be a super fast dinner that doesn’t taste…fast.
By the way…this is the third instalment of our 30-Minute Thursdays! Meaning that you don’t just get one Thursday-dinner-saving recipe, but eight!
Scroll past the recipe to check out all of the amazing 30 minute recipes my friends have shared.
And have yourselves a !!-free Thursday 😉
Looking for more stir fry recipes? Check out these delicious options:
- Lemon Sesame Chicken Stir Fry
- Easy Sweet Chili Shrimp Stir Fry
- Vegan Teriyaki Stir Fry
- Mongolian Beef Meal Prep
- Firecracker Chicken Meal Prep
- Lemongrass Thai Ground Pork Stir Fry
Maple Ginger Cashew Chicken Stir Fry (30 Minutes)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons ginger grated
- 6 cups mixed vegetables chopped into bite-sized pieces (save time using bagged cut and washed vegetables)
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes to taste
- Heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Transfer chicken to a clean plate.
- Add the onion to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes, until onion is translucent.
- Add the garlic and ginger and stir for 30 seconds-1 minute.
- Add the mixed vegetables and cook for 5 or so minutes, until cooked through.
- While cooking vegetables, mix together the stir fry sauce.
- Return chicken to pan, add the cashews, and toss everything in the sauce.
- Serve over rice (I love basmati, which should be ready in under 30 minutes).
Products used in this post:
Honey Garlic Salmon and Vegetables Sheet Pan Dinner by Kristine’s Kitchen
African Peanut Stew with Chicken and Sweet Potatoes by Floating Kitchen
Easy Cream of Mushroom Soup by Pumpkin ‘N Spice
30 Minute Lighter Stovetop Turkey Tetrazzini by Savory Nothings
30-Minute Pork Chops with Creamy Bourbon Mushroom Sauce by Flavor the Moments
Pizza Polenta Bowls by She Likes Food
Gnocchi with Turkey and White Beans by My Kitchen Craze
Pizza Pitas by The Recipe Rebel
Pumpkin Sausage Alfredo Penne by Whole and Heavenly Oven
Easy Chicken Lo Mein by Life Made Sweeter
Easy Beef and Broccoli by Bake. Eat. Repeat.