Use up your chili leftovers in this fun and EASY tortilla stack. These are ready in under 25 minutes, and make for an awesome work lunch!
Note: This is part of a series where I provide a base slow cooker recipe and three ways to enjoy the leftovers. For the base Slow Cooker Roasted Red Pepper Chili, go here!
Day FOUR of what I should probably have called Chili Week.
In case you missed it, I started with a big old pot of Slow Cooker Roasted Red Pepper Chili, and have been using it up in all sorts of fun ‘chili leftover’ recipes.
And today is the grand finale, so I had to make something super impressive. Well I hope this tortilla stack is worthy of a grand finale…it is certainly delicious, and SO easy even a monkey could make them 😉
I made some Garden Vegetable Tortilla Stacks way back in the day, and I just loved the concept so much, I knew I’d have to use it again. And when I was trying to think of ways to use up leftover chili, this one sprang to mind instantly!
They are just TOO easy: They will be ready to put in the oven before your oven has even pre-heated. They will take you mayyybe 10 minutes to assemble! Then they bake up for 10-15 minutes, until they are heated through and the cheese gets nice and bubbly.
And also, let’s face it: these things are kind of fun! Because who doesn’t like a taco pie?! (Crazy people that’s who). And fun food just tastes better. Fact.
Since this tortilla stack recipe does make enough for 6-8 servings, we found ourselves eating it for a few days. And guess what?! It makes for an awesome lunch! It heats up in the microwave wonderfully and have a great texture (not soggy like some microwaved food gets).
Alright. I think we are officially done with Chili week. Four chili-related recipes is enough for me, and I think I am ready to move on. How about you?
Have a FABULOUS weekend, friends!
Check out the other recipes in this series:
Leftover Chili Tortilla Stack
- 6 large tortillas
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- 4-5 cups Slow Cooker Roasted Red Pepper Chili
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place a tortilla on the baking sheet. Spread chili evenly over tortilla (around 1.5 cups). Top with a second tortilla. Sprinkle with ¾ cup of cheese.
- Repeat this two more times so that you end up with 3 layers of chili, two layers of cheese. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until heated through and cheese is bubbly.
- Serve with a salad or lighter side dish.