This frozen cherry limeade is a healthier slushie alternative. Made with 4 simple ingredients, you can turn this into a cocktail, or serve as a mocktail.
A few years ago, Fridays meant getting all pumped up and going out dancing, or to the pub. Then it started to be more tame...staying in, watching movies with take out and a bottle of wine. Lately, it has been downright geriatric. I am actually in bed at 8pm.
This is probably due to the fact that I'm 34 weeks pregnant...but these days, Fridays get me riled up to go home, put on my yoga pants, and settle into bed with my pregnant-lady body pillow (which is hilariously named a 'snoogle').
I mean, I actually get excited to do this! I actually daydream about getting into my stretchy pants.
Reasons you'll ♡ this frozen cherry limeade
- it's ready in 5 minutes or less
- it's a healthier alternative to a slushie
- you can serve it as a mocktail or a cocktail
These days, energy is scarce.
Therefore this drink=a huuuuge winner.
It is so easy! No simple syrup to make. No fancy fruit preparation. No advanced anything at all.
Just frozen cherries. Limeade concentrate. Some ice cubes. Some water. A blender.
So this week, I'm adding this drink to my Friday daydream...yoga pants, my snoogle pillow, and frozen cherry limeade...maybe not all at the same time but in some sort of sequence.
Now that sounds like a good Friday night to me 🙂
Tips & equipment for the perfect frozen cherry limeade
- these days I'm loving this Vitamix to blend
- I found my frozen cherries in the frozen food aisle but if you can't find them, pit & freeze your own cherries
- looking for more simple cocktail recipes? Check out this Raspberry Herb Smash Cocktail, this Virgin Watermelon Sangria or this Lemony Tarragon Spritzer
Did you make this? Tag me on social @sweetpeasandsaffron and be sure to leave a comment and rate the recipe!
Frozen Cherry Limeade
- 1 cup cherries pits removed and frozen
- 2 tablespoons frozen limeade concentrate
- ½ cup water plus more as needed
- 1-2 ice cubes
- 1 shot rum optional
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend away!
© Sweet Peas & Saffron - Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Leave a Comment