A healthy vegetarian one pot white bean pasta recipe made with leeks, asparagus, lemon and gruyere. Ready in 30 minutes and only one pot to wash up!
It’s MAY!! I am so happy I could dance. The flowers are popping up, the grass is green, there has been a TON of backyard deck lounging, and we are only just getting started, because it’s only MAY!!
We…err…Ben has been working hard on getting our backyard in tip top lounging condition. Translation: he has built us a shade wall, since we get the sun beaming down so intensely in the middle of the day that it gets WAY too hot for lounging.
Not only that, but he came home with super comfortable chairs and an outdoor couch. I am so excited for everything to get put into place, of course I’ve been madly searching Pinterest for deck decor ideas (that’s my area of expertise, ha ha!). I can’t wait to have the perfect backyard lounging oasis!!
So with all of time we’ve been spending outdoors, when it comes to dinner, no one wants to be stuck in the kitchen. So I have a SUPER easy, nutritious and deceptively creamy pasta recipe for us: one pot white bean pasta with leeks and asparagus! It is YUUUUM!
Ever since I got on the one pot pasta train, I haven’t looked back. No more extra dishes for me, so much extra flavor, and the perfect creamy texture that makes you feel like you’re eating something that has a ton of cream in it, when really, it doesn’t.
Today I have one pot white bean pasta for us because a) I am working to add more vegetarian recipes to the blog, b) you guys went cray-zeee for this One Pan Gnocchi with Sundried Tomatoes and White Beans and c) white beans + leeks + gruyere cheese is pretty much heaven. You heard it here first.
Leeks are my secret weapon in this recipe to make things extra creamy…they kind of just melt into the pasta, and you barely notice them except for that delicious flavor boost they add.
And in addition to the leeks, this one pot white bean pasta contains a whole bunch of asparagus. That brings the veggie count to a grand total of 5-6 cups packed into this pasta, but you’d never guess it!
This white bean pasta recipe is ready in under 30 minutes. Here’s how it goes: Cook up the pasta in some stock with the leeks and asparagus until cooked through (10 or so minutes). Stir in some lemon juice, the gruyere cheese, and white beans.
That’s it. Seriously!
Hope you are having a wonderful Monday!! Come back and see me on Thursday, I’m bringing us a SUPER delish Caesar salad remix, and you don’t want to miss it!!
- 2 cups dried pasta (smaller shapes work well)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 cups leeks, chopped (1 large leek)
- 1 bunch of asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup gruyere or swiss cheese, shredded
- 19 oz white beans, drained and rinsed
- In a medium pot, add the dried pasta, stock, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, leeks and asparagus.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and cook (covered), stirring every 2 or so minutes, for 10 minutes or until pasta is cooked through.
- Remove from heat and add the lemon juice, cheese and white beans. Stir until the cheese is melted through and serve.
Calories 499 // Fat 11 g // Saturated Fat 5 g // Cholesterol 25 mg // Sodium 333 mg // Carbohydrate 76 g // Fiber 16 g // Sugars 5 g // Protein 28 g
Products used in this recipe:
More vegetarian dinner recipes for us!
- Spiralized Sweet Potato Enchilada Skillet from Sweet Peas & Saffron
- One Pot Vegetarian Chili Mac from Kristine’s Kitchen
- Vegetarian Meatball Slides with White Beans, Kale and Feta from She Likes Food
- Easy Tomato Spinach Pasta from Hurry The Food Up