Double chocolate baked donuts hiding shredded zucchini and topped with a white chocolate drizzle.
Guys, I think I’ve found the secret to growing a successful garden.
No looking for bugs.
Water it as little as possible.
Don’t pull any weeds.
My experience this summer has shown me that negligence will be rewarded with not one, but two giant honking zucchinis.
When I say 2 zucchinis, you might not think that’s very much. But these were ‘giant honking zucchinis’, as long as an egg carton and thicker than my arm!
Photos to come.
They took up so much room in the fridge that I have been trying to use them up ASAP.
First up…triple chocolate zucchini donuts.
Because there’s nothing wrong with sneaking some veggies in with your chocolate, right?
Not just one type of chocolate.
These donuts are so moist and rich and chocolatey you will completely forget that there is any zucchini present.
You will only need one bowl and one spoon…no mixer necessary!
The batter comes together in, oh, 15 minutes. Bake for 9 minutes. That’s a total of 24 minutes to chocolate-zucchini heaven.
And if you don’t have a donut pan, these are easily converted into cupcakes.
Alright, alright! Here is the recipe.
Triple Chocolate & Zucchini Baked Donuts
- 2 cups cake flour spooned and leveled
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup zucchini shredded and dried
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- spray oil
- 1/2 cup cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Shred the zucchini and spread on a paper towel. Allow to dry for 5-10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and cocoa. Stir in zucchini and chocolate chips until well coated by flour mixture. Add buttermilk, eggs and butter. Stir until just combined.
- Grease donut pan with spray oil. Spoon donut mixture into donut pan, filling ¾ full. Bake for 7-9 minutes, until tops spring back when gently pressed. Cool in pan for 5 minutes; transfer to rack and cool completely.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl in 10 second increments, stirring in between. Scoop melted chocolate into a zip-lock bag, snip the corner, and drizzle over cooled donuts.
Adapted from wilton.