Pomegranate and rosewater spritzers are a simple and tasty non-alcoholic drink. Perfect for serving at a holiday party!
Um...according to WordPress, this post was started on October 3. So, that makes this blog post like 2 months in the making. Wowsers. Let's just say that it is a bit of a challenge to hold a squirmy baby and type on a laptop.
I have not yet mastered doing much of anything with a baby in my arms, with the exception of making a cup of coffee. I started with the most essential skill of all 😉
I'd had dreams of culinary nap time adventures during my maternity leave. Unfortunately nap time right now only lasts somewhere between 15-30 minutes, during which I actually run around the house, trying to get dressed, eat lunch, put the laundry in the dryer...you get the picture.
One time I made the mistake of trying to brown some butter to make these cookies. Of course the baby wakes up. Well, you can't leave browning butter or it will burn on you...so here I am yelling at the butter to hurry up and brown (it didn't listen), with the baby was screaming in the background. Not a good scene.
I hope that the munchkin decides to trade in his cat naps in exchange for a decent length nap sometime soon.
But for now, here is a very belated recipe.
Reasons you'll ♡ these pomegranate rosewater spritzers
- it's simple to make and does not require a simple syrup
- it's pretty and will impress at a party
- you could add vodka and turn it into a cocktail
This drink brings back memories of being 12 months pregnant, the size of a house, and hugely impatient to get this creature out of me. I think Kai was equally impatient to get out, because at this point it felt like he was trying to claw his way out.
I was of the physical and mental state that I could only handle the simplest and easiest of recipes.
Like this one!
Even though I made this recipe way back in September, it would still make an excellent mocktail here in December.
The red and green make it Christmas party worthy.
This drink is fantabulous because it requires very little forethought (ie: simple syrup preparation). I know that's a big plus for me these days.
You can just throw together the pomegranate juice, rosewater and soda water, adding a squeeze of lime.
Voila! A simple, elegant, pretty mocktail.
Tips & equipment for perfect pomegranate rosewater spritzers
- rosewater can be found in the international foods section of the grocery store or on amazon (here’s a well rated brand)
- check out my super simple method for How To Deseed a Pomegranate
- Looking for more holiday-worthy cocktails? Check out this Cranberry Ginger Fizz, this Apple, Pear & Pomegranate Sangria, or this Virgin Watermelon Sangria
Pomegranate Rosewater Spritzers
- ½ cup pomegranate juice
- ¼ teaspoon rosewater
- lime squeeze
- club soda
- pomegranate seeds
- Combine pomegranate juice and rosewater in a glass filled with ice. Add a squeeze of lime and top with club soda (to taste). Garnish with pomegranate seeds and lime if desired.