Instant Pot Fiesta Rice Bowls
Instant Pot fiesta rice bowls are a vegetarian, gluten-free recipe that works great for meal prep! Just dump it all in the Instant Pot, press the button, and you're done!
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 red onion (diced)
- 3 tomatoes (chopped; see *notes)
- 1 bell pepper (diced)
- 11 oz can of corn (drained; 341 mL)
- 18 oz can of black beans (drained & rinsed; 541 mL)
- 4.3 oz oz can green chiles (127mL)
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- fresh tomatoes, cilantro, guacamole, salsa or other toppings
Combine the rice, onion, tomatoes, peppers, corn, black beans, chiles, taco seasoning and water in the base of a 6 quart Instant Pot.
Stir to combine, put the lid on and set valve to 'sealing'.
Pressure cook on high for 3 minutes. Allow pressure to release naturally (takes around 15 minutes).
Remove the lid and stir in 1 cup of the cheese. Sprinkle the top of the rice with the remaining ½ cup cheese and put the lid back on for a few minutes until the cheese is melted.
Serve with suggested toppings.
*this recipe has not been tested with canned tomatoes, and it may give you a burn warning. Use at your own risk.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized (4L) pot. Add 2 cups of water or stock.
- Bring to a simmer and start the timer for 20 minutes. Keep the lid on, but stir every 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the burner and set aside to rest for 10 more minutes.
- Stir in cheese and enjoy!
Serving: 1fiesta bowl | Calories: 379kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 285mg | Potassium: 644mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 955IU | Vitamin C: 13.2mg | Calcium: 183mg | Iron: 2.7mg