Easy Tofu Tacos (15 Minutes!)
These easy tofu tacos have the BEST texture and are ready in 15 minutes. Ideal for an easy weeknight dinner, they are vegan and meal prep friendly.
Servings: 4 servings
- 12 oz block extra firm tofu 350 g
- ½ cup tomato sauce not ketchup
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning homemade or store bought
- 8 small tortillas or taco shells
- 4 cups cole slaw mix or lettuce
- 2 avocados sliced
Prepare - Heat broiler up. Mash tofu into crumbles in a bowl, then spread on a large baking sheet.
Broil - Broil for 3-5 minutes, stirring the tofu up every 1-2 minutes, until it is golden and slightly crunchy. Some small bits might brown and that's OK. When tofu texture is where you want it, remove it from the oven.
Fry - In a frying pan, stir together the tomato sauce and taco seasoning. Heat over medium heat for 1-2 minutes, until completely combined. Toss the tofu crumbles in the sauce.
Assemble - Assemble your tacos with salsa, crunchy greens, and avocado slices, and enjoy!
- Fridge - cool tofu completely, then portion out into individual 2-cup meal prep containers. Refrigerate in air-tight containers for up to 4 days. It may be possible to freeze these but it has not been tested yet.
- Reheat - heat in the microwave until steaming hot.
- Assemble - assemble tacos as directed above
Serving: 2tacos | Calories: 415kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 746mg | Potassium: 930mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 465IU | Vitamin C: 38.4mg | Calcium: 134mg | Iron: 4.3mg