Instant Pot Honey Sesame Chicken Breast
Delicious meets easy with this Instant Pot honey sesame chicken breast. You will love the sticky honey sesame sauce that is perfect for drizzling over rice and vegetables! Ready in under 30 minutes and made with simple pantry spices.
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce (see note **)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (roughly 2 large chicken breasts)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- toasted sesame seeds
In the base of a 6 quart Instant Pot (see *note), mix together the chicken stock, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil and red pepper flakes.
Add the chicken breasts.
Set the valve to 'seal' and cook on manual high pressure for 8 minutes.
Do a quick pressure release (using a spoon, push the valve to 'venting' as soon as the timer beeps).
Open the Instant Pot and remove the chicken breasts to a cutting board to allow them to rest for 5 minutes.
Mix the cornstarch with 2-3 tablespoons cold water and stir into the sauce in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
Set to 'saute', and heat until bubbling and thickened. Using oven mitts, remove the base of the Instant Pot to prevent the sauce from burning.
Slice the chicken breast and spoon the sauce over top. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
To Make Freezer Packs:
In a heavy duty quart-sized bag, combine the chicken stock, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, red pepper flakes and chicken breasts.
Squeeze out as much air as possible and freeze for up to 3 months.
To cook: thaw completely, then follow directions 3-8 above.
For Reheat Meal Prep Bowls:
Serve over rice and with steamed vegetables (4 cups veggies such as bell peppers, snap peas, green beans or asparagus may be added to the sauce and sauteed for 3-5 minutes before adding the cornstarch).
Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
* this recipe has not been tested in an 8 quart Instant Pot, it may need extra liquid to come to pressure.
** to make this gluten-free, swap soy sauce for coconut aminos or tamari
- boneless chicken thighs– increase the cook time to 10 minutes high pressure with a quick pressure release
- pork tenderloin– cook at high pressure for 5 minutes with a 7 minute natural pressure release. See Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin.
- ground beef or turkey– first cook partially through using water with the ground meat on a trivet, then dump the water and cook the meat in the honey sesame sauce using the sauté function of the Instant Pot. See full directions for Instant Pot Frozen Ground Beef.
Calories: 219kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 637mg | Sugar: 20g