Lemon Pepper Air Fryer Chicken and Broccoli
Air fryer chicken and broccoli are tossed in a savory lemon pepper seasoning. Low carb, yet simple and flavorful, it cooks through in 10 minutes!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts roughly 2 breasts; cut into 1.5 inch pieces; see note 1
- 1 crown broccoli roughly 4 cups; cut into 1.5 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Prepare chicken and broccoli- Toss chicken and broccoli in olive oil, then add the lemon pepper, basil and salt, and toss until evenly coated.
Arrange- Spread the chicken and broccoli on two trays of an oven-style air fryer or in a single layer in a basket-style air fryer (note 2). Chicken can be touching but should not be stacked.
Cook- Heat air fryer to 400°F/ 200°C. Add the sheets (or basket) to the air fryer, and cook for 5 minutes.
Flip- After 5 minutes, remove trays from the air fryer and use tongs to carefully stir up and flip the chicken. If using an oven-style air fryer, rotate trays so the top tray goes to the bottom and bottom tray to the top. Cook for another 5-7 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the middle.
Enjoy- serve in a pita, or with a starchy side dish. Yogurt is delicious drizzled over the chicken and broccoli.
1- chicken breast may be swapped for chicken thighs
2- if using an air fryer basket, you may need to cook in two batches; chicken can be touching but should not be stacked.
After cooking, cool and portion out into an air tight storage container. Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
When you are ready to eat, you can reheat in the microwave until steaming hot, or you can heat at 400°F in the air fryer for 3-5 minutes.
You can meal prep by cooking ahead and reheating (with directions above), or by assembling ahead but not cooking:
- Toss together the chicken, broccoli, oil and seasonings and store in an air tight container. Depending on the expiry date of your chicken, you can store it this way for 2-4 days.
- When you are ready to cook, simply spread the chicken and broccoli out on your air fryer trays, and cook as directed. Add 1-2 minutes onto the cook time if the mixture is quite cold.
Serving: 0.25of the batch | Calories: 194kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 307mg | Potassium: 720mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 601IU | Vitamin C: 83mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 1mg