Air Fryer Carrots (tender + sweet!)
Air fryer carrots are roasted and golden, tender on the inside, and ready in under 20 minutes. Make them with any type of carrots including baby or farmer’s market!
- 1 lb carrots see note 1
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Heat air fryer to 390°F/200°C.
If carrots have been washed, dry them thoroughly using a clean kitchen towel, then toss in the olive oil with the salt.
Place carrots into the air fryer basket. For oven-style air fryers, arrange the carrots on the tray with as much space as possible between them.
Cook for 13 minutes (give or take a few minutes), shaking 2-3 times. For oven-style air fryers, rotate the trays and give the carrots a stir. Carrots are ready when they are golden and a fork inserts into them easily.
Sprinkle the carrots with salt soon after removing from the air fryer (taste to decide if you want more!), garnish with parsley, and enjoy.
1- you can use farmer's market carrots (trim to fit the air fryer), baby carrots (leave as is), or regular grocery store carrots (cut into 2.-2.5 inch pieces, and slice thick parts in half).
2- serving size is estimated and represents ¼ of the batch.
Storage and reheating
- Cool completely, then store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- To reheat, set your air fryer to 350°F. Heat for 5 or so minutes, tossing carrots up as needed, until they are warmed through
- add ½ teaspoon onion or garlic powder for a little extra savory flavor
- add ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika for color and smoky flavor
- sprinkle with parmesan cheese to serve
- add ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves (they may fall off)
- toss in melted butter or a touch of honey just before serving
Serving: 0.75cup (note2) | Calories: 77kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 224mg | Potassium: 363mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 18944IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 1mg