Crispy Buttermilk Waffles
These crispy buttermilk waffles have just 6 ingredients and are so easy to prepare! With crispy edges and soft, fluffy insides, these waffles are the best of both worlds.
Servings: 10 waffles
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour (188 g; fluffed, spooned & levelled; see *notes)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (coconut sugar may be swapped)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk (whole milk or almond milk may be swapped)
- ½ cup salted butter (melted; see ** note)
In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar and baking powder.
Add in the eggs and buttermilk. Break the eggs and mix into the buttermilk, then fold the mixture up slightly.
Add in the melted butter and mix until *just* combined. Do not over mix.
Heat waffle maker on medium-high heat. Spray with oil if necessary.
Spoon mixture into waffle maker...amount depends on the size of the waffle maker. Mine required ½ cup per waffle. Check waffle maker for directions.
Cook until edges are crispy and waffle is cooked through (around 4 minutes).
Store on a wire rack until you are ready to serve.
Waffles may be cooked ahead, cooled, and stored in the fridge for up to 4 days or the freezer for up to 3 months.
To re-heat, pop waffles into a toaster and toast until crispy and warmed through.
* white whole wheat flour or ¾ cup all purpose + ¾ cup whole wheat flours may be used
** if using unsalted butter, add ¼ teaspoon of salt to the batter
Serving: 1waffle | Calories: 199kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 137mg | Potassium: 246mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 404IU | Calcium: 123mg | Iron: 1mg