Frozen Breakfast Taquitos
These frozen breakfast taquitos are filled with scrambled eggs, spinach, and feta cheese. An easy breakfast recipe for meal prep - bake up a batch and stock up the freezer!
Servings: 12 taquitos
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups frozen spinach 130 g; 4.5 oz; thawed and extra moisture squeezed out
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbled
- 12 tortillas small
- 1 ½ cups mozarella shredded
Prepare - Heat oven to 425°F. Beat the eggs, then add in the milk and salt and mix until completely combined.
Scramble - Cook eggs in a medium non-stick pan, scrambling as you cook. Should take roughly 5 minutes to scramble them through.
Combine - Fold in the spinach and feta cheese, until completely mixed in.
Assemble - Roll the taquitos: spoon 2 tablespoons of the egg mixture in the middle of a small tortilla. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese. Roll tightly and place seam side down on a baking sheet. Repeat until no filling remains.
Bake - Brush or spray tortillas with oil. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Enjoy immediately or store for meal prep!Serve with salsa, Greek yogurt or sour cream, and guacamole!
To Cook In the Air Fryer
Heat air fryer to 400°F for at least 5 minutes. Carefully add the taquitos to the basket, placing them seam side down. Spray tops of tortillas with spray oil and cook for 3-4 minutes, until golden and crispy.
- Fridge - let cool completely, then store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Freezer - let cool completely, then wrap individually in parchment paper or plastic wrap, before storing in an airtight freezer bag. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Reheat - thaw completely if frozen, heat in the microwave until heated through, then crisp up in a frying pan or on a sandwich press/grill if desired.
Serving: 1taquito | Calories: 189kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 99mg | Sodium: 460mg | Potassium: 165mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2535IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 177mg | Iron: 2mg