Spicy Tofu Noodles Meal Prep
These spicy tofu noodle meal prep bowls are made with a sweet, savory and spicy sauce, whole-wheat spaghetti, zucchini noodles, and tofu! Make it ahead and enjoy for lunch through the week.
- 12 oz extra firm tofu note 1
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 zucchini spiralized (medium-sized); note 2
- 4 oz whole wheat pasta uncooked; note 3
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar note 4
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon sriracha more for spice
Prepare the Tofu:
Press tofu - Remove tofu from package, draining extra liquid. Sandwich the tofu between two paper towels on a plate. Top with a second plate and place a heavy object, such as a 28 oz can, on top. Press for at least 30 minutes to remove extra liquid.
Cook tofu - When the time is up, discard the paper towels and cut the tofu into ½ inch cubes. Toss in olive oil and salt and pepper, and sautee for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tofu is lightly golden. Set aside to cool.
Pasta- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, cool slightly, then divide between meal prep containers.
Spiralize zucchini - Use a spiralizer to create zucchini noodles. Do not cook.
Sauce - Shake together sauce and portion out into small containers (roughly 1.5 tablespoons per portion).
Portion- Divide the tofu, spaghetti, zucchini noodles between four 2-cup capacity meal prep containers, garnishing with sesame seeds, green onions and red pepper flakes if desired.
Fridge - Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Store sauce separately to ensure that the tofu doesn't go soggy.
Freezer - this recipe is not freezer-friendly.
Reheat - Dress with the sauce, then heat meal prep bowls in the microwave until steaming hot.
- firm tofu may also work, but silken or soft should be avoided for this recipe
- spiralize the zucchini yourself or use store-bought; frozen zucchini noodles should be avoided
- you can swap for other types of pasta but spaghetti or longer noodles mix best in with the zucchini noodles
- we tend to use seasoned rice vinegar in our recipes; you may want to taste and adjust salt if you use unseasoned
Serving: 1meal prep bowl | Calories: 334kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 628mg | Potassium: 366mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 100IU | Vitamin C: 9.5mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 2.5mg