Whole Roasted Cauliflower
This curry spiced whole roasted cauliflower is roasted to tender perfection and served whole for a beautiful presentation. Simple to prepare with a spice rub, it's topped with pomegranates and a turmeric tahini sauce. Great for weeknights or as a vegan Thanksgiving or Christmas option.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 head cauliflower medium - large; see note 1
- 1 ½ teaspoons curry powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons cumin
- ¾ teaspoon garam masala
- ¾ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
Turmeric Tahini Sauce
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons water or more to thin out
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Season - Stir together the seasoning blend including the curry powder, cumin, garam masala, ground coriander, salt, and olive oil.
Prepare Cauliflower - Heat oven to 450°. Prepare the cauliflower by removing all leaves and gently cutting the stem out. Make sure you don't cut too deep so the head of cauliflower remains intact.Pace the cauliflower on a sturdy baking sheet (note 2), and brush the seasoning all over the cauliflower.
Roast - Place the cauliflower on a baking sheet. Roast cauliflower in the oven, basting it with any seasoning/oil that runs off in the first 10 minutes. Bake for a total time of 45 minutes- 1 hour, or until a knife inserts easily into the cauliflower.
Mix Sauce - While cauliflower is baking, shake together the turmeric tahini sauce, including the tahini, lemon juice, maple syrup, cumin, ground coriander, garlic powder, turmeric, and salt.
Serve - Serve the roasted cauliflower with pomegranate seeds, parsley, and a drizzle of turmeric tahini sauce.
- since cauliflower sizes can vary greatly, use the cook time as an estimate and adjust as needed
- line the baking sheet with foil or parchment for easy clean up
- Fridge - let cool completely, then store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Store tahini sauce separately in an airtight container for up to 1 week in the fridge; let the sauce come to room temp before serving.
- Reheat - reheat until steaming hot in the microwave. Enjoy with tahini sauce.
- Freezer - we have not tested whether this recipe can be frozen or not.
Serving: 1/6 of batch | Calories: 190kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 181mg | Potassium: 389mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 120IU | Vitamin C: 50.6mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 1.7mg