Coconut Cauliflower Rice
This creamy coconut cauliflower rice is made with just 5 simple ingredients and is paleo, low carb, and vegan. A light and healthy veggie side dish that is packed with flavor!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil * see note 1
- 4 cups cauliflower riced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar * see note 2
- ¼ cup coconut milk canned, full fat
Prepare cauliflower - Wash cauliflower and pat dry. Remove outer leaves; break down the head of cauliflower into uniform pieces (1-2 inch florets). Include stems!
Process - Working in 2-3 batches, place florets into a 7 cup food processor fitted with a steel blade. Pulse 10-15 times until cauliflower is in small rice-sized pieces. Remove any full florets that may remain.
Cook - Heat coconut oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add riced cauliflower, salt, and coconut sugar to the pan.Cook for around 5 minutes, until cauliflower is slightly soft but not mushy.
Add coconut milk - Stir in the coconut milk, and enjoy!
- Coconut oil can be swapped for butter
- Coconut sugar can be swapped for brown sugar or left out
- Raw - store raw/ uncooked cauliflower rice in the fridge for 7-10 days in an air tight container.
- Cooked - store cooked cauliflower rice in the fridge for up to 4 days in an air tight container.
- Raw - store raw cauliflower rice in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Cooked - cool completely, then portion out into a reusable silicone bag, plastic freezer bag, or meal prep container. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- Stovetop - reheat in a frying pan for a few minutes until warmed through.
- Microwave - does not work as well as it leaves the cauliflower rice wet and soggy.
- Cook from frozen - even if the rice freezes in a big clump, it cooks up really well from frozen! Place a pan on low heat with the cauliflower rice. Use a lid to cover until you can break the rice apart. Then, cook with the lid off until warmed through.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 108kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 346mg | Potassium: 509mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin C: 77.1mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 1.1mg