Easy Homemade Protein Bars (Cinnamon Roll)
Easy homemade protein bars that taste just like a cinnamon roll! Save yourself money by making your own protein bars; they are no-bake, made with a few simple ingredients and soooo much better than store-bought!
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder 40 g; a heaping ½ cup; see note 1
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled oats 96 g; see note 2
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil 26 g; melted; refined recommended
- ½ cup natural almond butter 118 g; see note 3
- ¼ cup honey 74 g; see note 4
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon water *if needed
- sea salt for sprinkling
Pulse dry ingredients- In a 7 cup or larger food processor fitted with a steel S blade, add the protein powder, cinnamon and rolled oats. Blend for 1 minute, until oats are powdery and fine, as pictured above.
Add wet ingredients- Add melted coconut oil, almond butter, honey and vanilla extract to the food processor. Blend for another 30 seconds, until mixture is well combined.
Check consistency- Fold some of the mixture in your hand; it should form a ball and not crumble. If the mixture is crumbly, add water and process again.
Press & chill- Line a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with parchment, and press the protein bar mixture into the pan until smooth across the top. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt, then chill for 2 hours (or freeze for 30 minutes).
Slice- Pull the bars out of the loaf pan, and cut into 8 squares.
1- only whey protein powder has been tested
2- you may also use quick oats in this recipe; avoid steel cut oats
3- you may swap for all natural peanut butter
4- other liquid sweeteners may work, but have not been tested
- fridge- store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 7 days; due to the nut butter, I don't recommend leaving them out at room temperature for too long.
- freezer- wrap loosely in parchment paper and store in a larger bag or meal prep container. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Serving: 1/8 of the batch | Calories: 212kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 12mg | Potassium: 174mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 10g | Calcium: 81mg | Iron: 1mg