5 Minute Red Wine Vinaigrette Recipe
This 5 minute red wine vinaigrette is a staple in our house. Easy to prep with four simple pantry ingredients, ready in 5 minutes, and adds so much flavor to your salad!
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar *see note
- ½ teaspoon dijon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- salt & pepper
* I recommend this recipe for pasta or grain salads, but it is a bit too tangy for green salads
* for green salads and a less tangy vinaigrette I recommend:
- 1:2 ratio (3 tablespoons red wine vinegar + 6 tablespoons of olive oil)
- 1:3 (2 tablespoons red wine vinegar + 6 tablespoons olive oil) ratio of oil to vinegar
Vinaigrette may be stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. If you add garlic or fresh herbs, store for 1 week max.
- garlic- adding a clove or two of minced garlic adds even more depth of flavor
- Italian seasonings- like basil and oregano would be great for a greek salad. Start with ½ teaspoon.
- dill- add 1-2 teaspoons of dried dill
- feta cheese- the salty flavors go so well with the tangy flavors of this vinaigrette
- parmesan cheese- try 2 tablespoons and add more as desired.
Serving: 2tablespoons | Calories: 74kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Fat: 6g | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 11mg | Sugar: 2g | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 0.1mg