Healthy Greek Chicken Pasta Salad
Greek chicken pasta salad has fresh vegetables, chicken and pasta marinated in a Greek red wine vinaigrette with dill and feta cheese. Tangy, crunchy, cool and refreshing, it's perfect for a picnic, potluck or for meal prep.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts roughly 4
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 8 oz penne uncooked
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 bell peppers chopped
- 2 cups broccoli cut into small florets
- 2 cups cauliflower cut into small florets
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbled
Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dill (dry)
- 1 clove garlic minced (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
Heat oven to 425°F.
Toss chicken with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Arrange on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Flip and bake for 10-15 more minutes, or until cooked through.
Allow chicken to cool before cutting into cubes.
Cook pasta according to package directions, then drain and rinse under cold water. Allow to cool.
Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
Shake together the vinaigrette and toss everything to coat.
Allow to marinate for several hours before enjoying. Serve cold.
* Nutritional information is for 1/8 of the batch, which is a meal sized portion. If you'd like to serve this as a side, omit the chicken and you'll probably end up with 10-12 side portions
Fully dressed salad keeps in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Do not freeze.
Red wine vinaigrette can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Serving: 1/8 of batch | Calories: 402kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 309mg | Potassium: 557mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 3715IU | Vitamin C: 73.3mg | Calcium: 126mg | Iron: 1.3mg