Sheet Pan Honey Lemon Sheet Pan Salmon and Broccolini
A simple honey lemon salmon recipe baked up on a sheet pan with broccolini. Serve over rice and drizzle with the honey lemon sauce. Makes a great meal prep lunch.
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 5 oz salmon filets note 1
- 12 oz broccolini
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
Honey Lemon Sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup water
- 1 lemon lemon juiced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce I prefer reduced sodium; note 2
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Prepare - Heat oven to 425°F. Arrange salmon and broccolini on a sheet pan. Brush the salmon with olive oil, and toss the broccolini to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
Bake - for 10 minutes.
Sauce - While salmon is baking, shake up the sauce ingredients until no clumps remain.Drizzle the salmon and broccolini with the sauce, return to the oven and set to broil. Broil - for 2-5 minutes, rotateing half way. Keep an eye on it as all broilers are different and you don't want to burn it!When the sauce has thickened, remove from oven and drizzle over salmon and broccolini.
Serve - over rice with sesame seeds and green onion.
Tip - Make sure to wash the sheet pan quickly after eating; it becomes difficult to clean after it sits for awhile.
- make sure you cut your salmon into similar-sized pieces so that it cooks through evenly; I like to use a kitchen scale to weigh out 5 oz portions. Recipe was tested with 1.5 inch thick fillets; for thinner portions, you'll need to reduce the cook time.
- for a gluten-free variation, replace the soy sauce with bragg's liquid aminos, tamari, or coconut aminos
- nutritional information excludes garnishes and rice.
- Fridge - let cool completely, then portion out salmon with rice and broccolini in 2 cup glass meal prep containers in the fridge for up to 4 days
- Reheat - in the oven at 350°F for 10 minutes, or in the microwave until steaming hot.
Serving: 1/4 batch (note 3) | Calories: 345kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 355mg | Potassium: 344mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 20g