Fruit on the Bottom Overnight Oats
Fruit on the bottom overnight oats require no cooking, and are perfect for meal prep! Just 5 simple ingredients and 10 minutes to prepare.
- 1 cup frozen fruit thawed
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ¾ cup almond milk
Place thawed frozen fruit in the bottom of a jar (at least 12.5 oz; 1 pint works too). Mash with a spatula until pureed.
Add in the following order: maple syrup, rolled oats, chia seeds, and almond milk. No need to stir, just put the lid on and place in the fridge overnight.
Store for up to 4 days. Enjoy cold.
- almond milk– swap for any other nut milk (macadamia nut, cashew milk), oat milk, or regular dairy milk
- frozen berries– swap for any ‘juicy’ fruit (peaches, mango, cherries)
- maple syrup– swap for honey, coconut sugar, or your favorite alternative sweetener
- add ins– you could also add in ground flax, adaptogens, hemp seeds, goji berries, nuts or seeds
- extra creamy– add a dollop of yogurt or coconut yogurt to up the creaminess
Serving: 1jar | Calories: 343kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 136mg | Potassium: 240mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 21g