Spring Strawberry Bento Box
Spring strawberry bento lunch boxes are easy to whip up in under 15 minutes! With fresh strawberries, maple cinnamon pecans, balsamic reduction and more.
- 3 cups strawberries sliced
- 4 cups arugula
- 4 tablespoons balsamic reduction
- 4 tablespoons goat cheese (or cream cheese)
- 12 flatbread crackers broken in half
maple cinnamon pecans
- ¾ cup pecans
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Arrange strawberries, arugula and flatbread crackers in compartments in your lunch containers. Use small condiment containers for the goat cheese and balsamic reduction.
For maple cinnamon pecans: toast pecans in a frying pan for 5-7 minutes, until lightly toasted. Add the cinnamon and toss; then add the maple syrup and stir everything up to coat. Allow to cool before adding to the lunch boxes.
Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Make sure to use the freshest berries you can find; to help them last longer you may wish to do a vinegar wash:
- soak in 1 part vinegar 5 parts water for 5 min
- rinse thoroughly under water
- allow to dry completely before slicing and portioning into bento boxes
Serving: 1box | Calories: 288kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 138mg | Potassium: 337mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 632IU | Vitamin C: 67mg | Calcium: 101mg | Iron: 2mg