Crunchy Asian Cucumber Salad (15 minutes)
This crunchy Asian cucumber salad is cool, refreshing and perfect for summer! Simple to prepare and made with fresh cucumber, cilantro, shallots and peanuts tossed in a rice wine vinaigrette, it's a great way to cool down in the heat.
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar (seasoned or unseasoned)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- salt + pepper to taste
- 2 long English cucumbers sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves (loosely packed)
- 1-2 Thai chiles (OPTIONAL- de-seeded and diced)
- 2 shallots (thinly sliced)
- ¼ cup roasted salted peanuts
In a jar or salad dressing shaker, add the rice vinegar, maple syrup, sesame oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Shake to combine.
Toss salad ingredients with the vinaigrette.
This salad does not keep well and should not be prepared in advance.
Dressing may be assembled ahead and stored in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- swap the peanuts for toasted sesame seeds
- swap the Thai red chiles for sliced red pepper
- swap the shallot for regular red onion
- swap the cilantro for Thai basil
Serving: 1/4 batch | Calories: 108kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Sodium: 6mg | Potassium: 211mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 120IU | Vitamin C: 5.7mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 0.7mg