Apple Fennel Brussels Sprouts Slaw
A fresh, crunchy salad that tosses shredded apple, fennel and Brussels sprouts in a tangy vinaigrette. Ready in under 20 minutes!
- 1 medium granny smith apple (sliced & cored; skin can stay on)
- ½ fennel bulb (fronds reserved; slice to fit in food processor chute)
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts (washed and ends trimmed)
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fennel fronds (chopped; go up to ⅓ cup if you love fennel)
- salt and pepper
Slice the apple, fennel and Brussels sprouts as thinly as possible, using a food processor or mandoline.
Combine all vinaigrette ingredients in a jar or salad dressing shaker and shake until completely combined.
Toss and serve immediately
Unfortunately, this salad does not keep well once dressed.
Brussels sprouts and fennel may be sliced up to 4 days ahead and stored in an air tight container in the fridge.
Vinaigrette may be shaken up 1-2 weeks ahead (leave out the fennel and add it just before serving).
Serving: 1/6 of batch | Calories: 109kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 26mg | Potassium: 255mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 264IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg