Orzo Pasta Salad with Mint + Feta
A fresh and delicious orzo pasta salad with orzo, cherry tomatoes, mint and feta cheese tossed in a tangy red wine vinaigrette. Similar to a greek salad, this orzo salad is refreshing and perfect for a picnic or potluck.
- 1 cup orzo pasta (uncooked)
- 1 can cooked chickpeas (drained + rinsed)
- 1 cup cucumbers chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- ¼ cup red onion chopped
- ⅓ cup fresh mint chopped
- 1 cup radishes chopped
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
Red Wine Vinaigrette:
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon Dijon
- salt and pepper
Cook orzo according to package instructions, and allow to cool.
Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
Shake together all vinaigrette ingredients, then stir into the salad until completely combined.
I do not recommend this salad for meal prep, but you can prep components ahead and assemble just before serving:
- cook orzo up to 2 days ahead
- shake up vinaigrette up to 7 days ahead
- chop cucumber, tomatoes, onion, radish up to 4 hours ahead
- chop mint just before serving for the best flavor/texture
Serving: 1/6 batch | Calories: 182kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 158mg | Potassium: 148mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 490IU | Vitamin C: 12.8mg | Calcium: 81mg | Iron: 1.1mg