One Pan Orecchiette with Ground Turkey and Zucchini
Simple, delicious, and easy to prep, this one pan orecchiette with ground turkey has summery zucchini, lemon zest, parmesan cheese and sliced almonds. Get dinner on the table quickly and make clean up a breeze!
- 1 lb/500g ground turkey
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup white wine
- 4 ½ cups chicken stock
- 3 cups orecchiette
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups zucchini
- 2 cups frozen peas
- zest of 1 lemon roughly 1.5 tbsp
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
In a large skillet, cook the turkey until no pink remains. Set aside on a paper towel lined plate.
Add onion and cook for 5 or so minutes until translucent. Add the garlic and stir for one minute.
Add the white wine and scrape up all of the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook until reduced by half, around 2 minutes.
Add the chicken stock, orecchiette and salt, and add back the turkey. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, then add the zucchini and cook for another 10 minutes (stirring frequently), or until pasta is cooked through and sauce has thickened.
Stir in the lemon zest and frozen peas. Cook for 3 minutes.
Serve with almonds and parmesan cheese.
Store cooked pasta in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- reheat- reheat single serve portions in the microwave until steaming hot
- freezing- I have not tried, but I do believe it would freeze/thaw alright. Thaw completely in the fridge before heating in the microwave
- chop ahead- you can pre-chop the onion, garlic and zucchini up to 4 days ahead to cut down on your dinner prep time
- this recipe has only been tested with orecchiette and I cannot guarantee it will cook the same way with other pasta shapes
Serving: 1/6 of batch | Calories: 406kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 75mg | Sodium: 770mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g