One Pan Roasted Chicken and Vegetables with Miso-Honey Butter
Bring some new and vibrant flavors to your table with this roasted chicken and vegetables with miso honey-butter! It all cooks up in one pan, and has incredible flavor using simple ingredients.
Roasted Chicken and Fall Vegetables:
- 16 Brussels sprouts (rinsed, outer leaves discarded, and chopped in half)
- 4 carrots (peeled and coarsely chopped)
- 1 1 lb baby red potatoes (scrubbed and halved)
- ½ butternut squash (peeled, seeds removed, and sliced into 3 inch long pieces)
- 4 chicken thighs (bone in and skin on)
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons white Miso paste
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- pepper to taste
Roasted Chicken and Fall Vegetables
Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
In a large bowl, toss together all vegetables with olive oil, salt and pepper.
Arrange in a large baking dish or on a sheet pan.
Blot chicken thighs with a paper towel to dry. Brush tops thighs with oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Arrange chicken thighs over vegetables in baking dish, or on a second sheet pan (see *notes).
Roast for 45-55 minutes, until chicken is golden and potatoes are cooked through to an internal temperature of 165°F.
While chicken and vegetables are roasting, prepare the honey-miso butter.
Melt the butter in a microwave-safe dish, then stir in the miso, honey, sesame oil and pepper. Set aside until chicken and vegetables are ready.
* for crispy baked chicken thighs, bake on a wire rack on a sheet pan separate from the vegetables
- you can bake this recipe in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish (as pictured), or spread it out over 2 baking sheets (check on it 10 minutes earlier)
- if you find the chicken does not have brown/crispy skin by the end of the cook time, remove the vegetables from the oven and place the chicken under the broiler for 2-5 minutes
- swap the skin-on chicken thighs for drumsticks or chicken legs (adjust cook time accordingly and ensure chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F)
Serving: 1/4 batch | Calories: 439kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 99mg | Sodium: 483mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 15g