Spiralized Sweet Potato Enchilada Skillet
This enchilada sweet potato noodles skillet is a delicious vegetarian recipe that gets dinner on the table quickly and makes clean up a breeze.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 large sweet potato (spiralized; roughly 6 loosely packed cups; use the ¼ inch spacing spiralizer blade)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 19 oz black beans (540mL/ 19oz can, drained and rinsed)
- 12 oz corn kernels (340mL/ 12oz can, drained and rinsed)
- 4 corn tortillas (cut into ½ inch strips (flour tortillas work too))
- 2 cups enchilada sauce *see note
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese divided
- Greek yogurt
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
Add the onion and cook for 5 or so minutes, until translucent and soft.
Add the sweet potato noodles, and cook, turning frequently with tongs. Cook for approximately 10, until al dente. They should have a bite to them and not be completely soft.
Make a space in the pan and add the garlic. Cook for one minute.
Add the black beans, corn, tortillas, enchilada sauce and half of the cheese. Stir until completely combined.
Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and cover the pan for 5 or so minutes, until cheese is melted and the enchilada sauce bubbles.
Serve with optional toppings listed.
* I used this recipe
for the enchilada sauce, omitting the salt and bringing it back up to a volume of 2 cups.
Serving: 1/6 batch | Calories: 393kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 1055mg | Potassium: 557mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 3885IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 242mg | Iron: 3mg