Smoked Salmon Roll ups
Smoky, tangy and easy to prep, these smoked salmon roll ups are an easy party appetizer. Low carb, gluten-free, and ready in minutes.
- 1 long English cucumber cut in two and ends removed.
- ½ cup cream cheese softened
- ½ cup smoked salmon cut into strips
Using a vegetable peeler, peel the cucumber into 6-inch (approximately) strips.
Blot the cucumber strips gently with a paper towel to absorb excess moisture.
Gently spread about 1-2 teaspoons of cream cheese along the length of the cucumber.
Press a strip of smoked salmon on top of the cream cheese, then roll the cucumber up as tightly as possible.
Secure with a toothpick, if they don't say rolled up on their own.
This recipe must be served fresh; assemble no more than 30 minutes before serving.
Blot the cucumber
Blotting extra moisture off the surface of the cucumber helps the cream cheese stick to the cucumber slices.
- Fresh herbs– consider wrapping up some fresh dill, basil or chervil in your roll-ups
- Salmon alternative– strips of ham or turkey could also be tasty wrapped up in these roll-ups
- Cream cheese alternative– cashew-based dips could be a great dairy-free alternative; make sure you use something thick that will stick to the cucumber and not slide off
Serving: 1/4 of batch | Calories: 125kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 225mg | Potassium: 170mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 450IU | Vitamin C: 2.4mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 0.4mg