Turkey Sausage and Sweet Potato Lunch Bowls
Loaded with turkey sausage, sweet potatoes and grilled vegetables, these sweet potato lunch bowls are drizzled with a tahini dressing for a light but tasty lunch option.
- 4-5 cups sweet potato cubes 1 inch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper generous
- 1 lb Italian turkey sausage 500 g
- 2 bell peppers cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ red onion chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1-2 zucchini sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper
Maple Tahini Dressing
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons water or more to thin out
- 1.5 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1.5 teaspoons lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
Heat barbecue to medium-high heat (425°F).
Sweet Potatoes Depending on how much space you have on your grill, you may want to make these in the oven. Toss the sweet potatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper.
Using a vegetable grilling basket or plate, cook the sweet potatoes, stirring often, for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through.
Sausage: Pierce with a knife and grill for 10-15 minutes, turning every 2-3 minutes, until cooked through.
Mixed veggies: Toss veggies with olive oil and salt and pepper.
Grill on a vegetable grilling basket or plate, stirring every 2-3 minutes, until cooked through (10 or so minutes).
Pre-heat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
Arrange sweet potato cubes on the baking sheet, and bake for 15 minutes.
Give them a stir and return to the oven for another 10 or so minutes, until they are easily pierced with a fork.
Add the vegetables and sausages to a separate sheet pan, and cook for 10-15 minutes, until cooked through.
Divide the sweet potatoes, sausages and vegetables evenly between four meal prep containers.
Shake together all ingredients tahini dressing ingredients. Add additional water until thinned to your desired consistency.
Portion out tahini dressing into condiment containers, or you may drizzle over the bowls immediately.
- Meal prep bowls may be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Heat in the microwave until steaming hot, then drizzle with the tahini sauce.
- I do not recommend freezing this recipe.
- Sausage– swap the turkey sausage for beef, pork, chicken or plant-based sausage
- Sweet potato– swap for regular potatoes, or whole roasted sweet potatoes
- Veggies– carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, green beans, asparagus or mushrooms would all be great in this recipe (adjust cook times as needed)
- Tahini sauce– Swap out for BBQ sauce, balsamic reduction or green goddess dressing
Serving: 1lunch bowl | Calories: 463kcal | Carbohydrates: 79g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 931mg | Fiber: 18g | Sugar: 39g