Grilled Fish Tacos with Kiwi Jalapeño Salsa
These healthy grilled fish tacos are topped with a sweet and slightly spicy jalapeño kiwi salsa. The perfect light summery dinner recipe!
- 1 lb tilapia fillets four fillets; see note 1
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
Jalapeño Kiwi Salsa
- 1 lb kiwi fruit approximately 4 large kiwis
- 1 jalapeño finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion finely chopped
- ½ lime juiced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cups cabbage shredded
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves chopped
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 8 flour tortillas small/6 inch
- Greek yogurt or sour cream
Jalapeño Kiwi Salsa: Stir together the kiwi, jalapeno, onion, lime juice and honey, then set aside.
Cabbage Slaw: Combine the cabbage and cilantro. Toss in the apple cider vinegar.
Fish: Heat barbecue to medium-high (425°F).
Mix together the cumin, coriander and salt in a small bowl. Brush fillets with olive oil. Sprinkle fish evenly with the spice mixture.
Place fish on top of a vegetable grilling plate, or on a sheet of foil on the grill. Cook for 10 minutes, or until fish is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
To Serve: Place half of a fillet in a tortilla, top with cabbage and (well-drained) salsa. Greek yogurt is awesome on these tacos!
1- bass or snapper could also work for this recipe
This recipe is best served fresh; leftovers do not keep well.
Some ingredients may be prepped ahead:
- shred the slaw up to 4 days ahead
- chop jalapeno up to 4 days ahead
- chop red onion up to 4 days ahead
Serving: 2small tacos | Calories: 382kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 19g