Healthy Apple Almond Butter Snack Cookies
These healthy apple almond butter snack cookies are the perfect thing to satisfy your sweet tooth while keeping things healthy! Soft like a muffin, refined sugar free, and packed with healthy ingredients.
- ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ¼ cup almond butter all natural; see note 1
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup rolled oats see note 2
- ½ cup all purpose flour see note 3
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup ground flax see note 4
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅓ cup shredded coconut plus more for tops
- 2 cups apple shredded ; roughly 2 small apples
Heat oven to 350°F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
In a large bowl, stir together all wet ingredients until smooth: apple sauce, almond butter, egg, vanilla and honey.
Stir in the rest of the ingredients until completely combined.
Using ¼ measuring cup, form cookies on the parchment paper. The dough will be wetter than traditional cookies.
Sprinkle tops with 1 teaspoon of shredded coconut.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, until coconut is golden and toasted and cookies are baked through.
Allow to cool completely.
1- peanut butter will work as a replacement; alternative nut and seed butters have not been tested.
2- rolled oats can sometimes be called 'large flake' or 'old fashioned' oats. Avoid instant, quick or steel cut oats.
3- you may swap for white whole wheat flour; alternative flours have not been tested
4- ground flax helps the cookies set up, omitting it could change the thickness of your cookies
You can serve them cold if you'd like, or warm them in the microwave for 10-15 minutes.
- fridge- store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 2 days
- freezer- we have not tested whether they freeze/thaw, but suspect they would do fine- place parchment between each cookie and store in a bag or air tight container for up to 1 month
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 198kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 18mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 13g