Make Ahead Lemon Chicken Sheet Pan Gnocchi
This lemon chicken baked gnocchi has brussels sprouts, broccoli and feta cheese for the ultimate sheet pan dinner! Works great for meal prep or an easy weeknight dinner.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 lb shelf- stable gnocchi 450 g; see note 1
- 1 red onion cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 cups broccoli florets cut into 1-2 inch pieces; see note 2
- 3 cups brussels sprouts halved if large
- 1 lemon sliced
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts roughly 1 lb; 7-8 oz each
- ¼ teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 4 tablespoons feta cheese crumbled
Combine - Heat oven to 425°F. Toss the gnocchi, onion, broccoli, brussels sprouts, lemon, oregano and olive oil together.
Bake - Spread out on a large baking sheet (or 2 small baking sheets). Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until veggies are roasted through and chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. See note 3
Serve - Sprinkle evenly with the sea salt and feta cheese. Enjoy!
- This recipe has not been tested with cauliflower gnocchi or fresh gnocchi; use at your own risk
- If you plan on freezing the meal, be sure to blanch your broccoli & brussels sprouts or go for frozen veggies instead
- 3. If you want to try for a crispier gnocchi texture, you can broil them after roasting through for 2-5 minutes. I would recommend removing the chicken & veggies so they don't overcook. If you plan on broiling, separate the gnocchi on the pan from the other ingredients or arrange it on a different pan.
- place all ingredients EXCEPT FOR THE GNOCCHI in a freezer-friendly container (I like the 3 quart Ikea containers as pictured above) or bag.
- freeze for up to 3 months.
- thaw completely, toss with gnocchi and a little extra oil, and roast up in the oven for 25 minutes.
- cook as directed.
- portion leftovers out into 2 cup meal prep containers.
- reheat in the microwave until steaming hot, or in a frying pan (which does a better job at preserving the texture of the gnocchi)
- leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Serving: 1/4 of batch | Calories: 471kcal | Carbohydrates: 87g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 641mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 5g